Erasmus Student Network
III - Μη κυβερνητικές οργανώσεις
Μη κυβερνητικές οργανώσεις, πλατφόρμες, δίκτυα και συναφείς οργανώσεις
Rue Hydraulique, 15
Κύριος Stefan Janhke
Κύριος Stefan Jahnke
Enrichment of society through international students.
ESN is the key volunteer student organisation in international higher education in Europe. We provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of SHS - Students Helping Students.
1. ESN aims at working in the interest of students who are spending parts of or their entire formal education at a higher education institution in a country other than the one of their origin, by means of:
1.2 Improvement of the social and practical integration of exchange students at their host institutions.
1.2 Representation of the needs and expectations of exchange students on the local, national and international level.
1.3 Provision of relevant information about academic exchange programmes and ESN resources.
1.4 Reintegration of homecoming students by making them active in the network.
1.5 Contribution to the evaluation of different exchange programmes.
1.6 Motivation of students to spent a period of their higher education in another country.
1.7 Social and practical preparation of students on the brink of their mobility period.
2. ESN aims at concerning itself directly or indirectly with these goals, defined as broadly as possible.
3. ESN aims at creating conditions for the better understanding of each other’s cultures between students of different origins.
ESN is a non- political organisation, and works without:
- Connection to political parties or systems
- Commitment to specific political thoughts or ideologies
- Connection to any religious or confessional groupings
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the biggest inter-disciplinary European student organisation in the field of mobility. We are a non-political, non-profit and non-religious organisation with over 10.000 volunteer members from local student groups (so called sections) in 321 Higher Education Institutions in 32 countries. Our network provides its services annually to about 150.000 international students in Europe and beyond, at a local, national and international level.
The local sections support educational, social and cultural integration of exchange students, as well as provide practical information for incoming and outgoing students about the exchange programmes and about the possibilities of the reintegration.
The international level of ESN (especially the International Board based in Brussels and the Council of National Representatives) brings all our members, sections and countries together, thus creates one common voice representing mobile students on the European continent, in Azerbaijan and Turkey.
Since 1989, Erasmus Student Network works for the creation of a more mobile and flexible education environment by supporting and developing the student exchange from different levels, and providing an intercultural experience also to those students who cannot access a period abroad ("internationalisation at home").
ESN also represents needs, rights and expectations of international students in the fields of higher education and mobility towards policy- and decision makers.
Visas and Resident Permit Directive
Erasmus Plus Programme
Several annual research studies:
Erasmus Impact Study
Visas and Resident Permit Research Study
Erasmus Voting Assessment study
Student Guidebook for Study and Training Abroad
Policy Paper on ET2020
- Green paper on mobility of young people
- Representation of international students
- Academic recognition
- Mobility of students
- EP Written Declaration on the empowerment of young people
- EP Written Declaration on declariming 2011 as the Year of Volunteering
(both in cooperation with the European Youth Forum)
100%: 13 75%: 300 50%: 13500 25%: 160000
|Όνομα||Επώνυμο||Ημερομηνία έναρξης||Ημερομηνία λήξης|
ESN Bosnia and Herzegovina(1),
ESN Czech Republic(11),
ESN United Kingdom(13)
- Member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ)
- Participatory status with the Council of Europe
- Courtesy member of the European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- Member of Informal Forum of International Student Organisation (IFISO)
- Member of EUCIS-LLL
- Associate member of the European Students' Union (ESU)
- Member of EMI International (European Movement International)
01/2014 - 12/2014
European Commission, Council of Europe
Με την καταχώρισή της, η οργάνωση έχει αποδεχτεί τον Κώδικα Δεοντολογίας του Μητρώου Διαφάνειας.