French Société Anonyme (public limited company)
II - In-huis-lobbyisten en handels-, bedrijfs- en beroepsverenigingen
Ondernemingen & groepen ondernemingen
Place de l'Iris, 16
92040 Paris La Défense Cedex
(+33) 1 58 81 24 34
Mijnheer Jean-Louis Chaussade
Chief Executive Officer
Mijnheer Henry Saint-Bris
Senior VP Marketing & Institutional Relations
With total revenues in Europe of €14.324 billion, and 80 000 employees as of December 31, 2014, SUEZ environnement is a reference player in the environmental market in more than 70 countries.
Our four expertises are water, recycling and waste recovery, water treatment solutions, and consulting.
The Group is active at each stage of the water and waste cycles, and operates both on behalf of public authorities and private sector players. Europe represents 71% of SUEZ environnement's business.
On March 12th 2015 SUEZ environnement accelerated the transformation of its businesses and its organisation by combining all of its activities under a single brand. This single brand, the culmination of over 150 years of shared history, expresses our ambition and demonstrates our commitment to safeguarding resources.
SUEZ environnement follows :
- Circular economy package
- EU Energy-Climate package 2030
- EU 315 bn investment plan (Juncker plan)
- Transposition of the Concession directive
- Right to water initiative
- Regulation on fertilisers
- Various speaking engagements in events related to our activities (e.g. green week, ...)
- Bilateral meetings with Members of the Commission and the Parliament, and ponctual events (e.g. Lunch seminar with MEPs assistants Nov. 11th 2014)
- Distribution of our position papers and corporate booklets.
EIP high level steering groups (water and raw materials)
The main initiatives covered in 2014 by SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT include:
- on market issues: the review of legislation on VAT for public bodies; directives on public procurement and concessions
- on environmental / climate / sustainable consumption & production issues: SCP/SIP action plan: energy-climate package 2030,EU urban agenda, ecolabel, eco-design, extended producer responsibility; roadmap for a resource-efficient Europe;
- on waste management: Circular economy package; BREF reviews; End-of Waste criteria
- on water management issues: European Citizens' Initiative (ECI); Reuse
100%: 3 75%: 1 50%: 1 25%: 6
Within SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, the European Public Affairs department is responsible for monitoring legislative and policy iniatives at the EU level, for gathering expertise inside the company on issues of interest, and for delivering key messages to EU decision-makers.
The team relies on an internal network gathering experts and country representatives who contribute to various extents, to the implementation of SUEZ environnement's European relations.
The list below includes our involvement in EU initiatives as well as our main institutional partnerships at European and global levels. More information on these partnerships or on institutional relations at national level are available upon request.
- EIP: Involvement in the High-Level Steering Groups of the European Innovation Partnerships on Water and Raw Materials
Membership/ board member in EU scientific institutions:
- Water Supply and Sanitation Technological Platform (Wsstp)
Membership in waste organizations:
- Confederation of European Waste-to-Energy Plants (CEWEP)*
- European Federation of Waste Management and Environmental Services (FEAD)*
- European Recovered Fuel Organization (ERFO)
- European Recovered Paper Association (ERPA)
- EU Association for Co-Processing (EUCOPRO)
- International Solid Waste Association (ISWA)
- Ellen MacArthur Fondation
Membership in water organizations:
- International Water Association (IWA)
- World Water Council
Cross sectoral federations:
Relationship with think-tanks and associations:
- Ellen Mac Arthur Fondation
- Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and sustainable Resource management (ACR+)
- CEN Strategic Advisory Body on Environment (SABE)*
- CSR Europe
- European Cooperation Council
- European Policy Center
- Globe / Bee Group
- Institut Méditerranéen de l’Eau
- Institut de Prospective Economique du monde Méditerranéen (IPEMed)
- United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG)
(* = through business federations)
01/2014 - 12/2014
>= 10.000 € en < 24.999 €
EIB; CEE; EDF; EU budget; Department of european union investment
This estimate takes into account:
- the fees paid to the above mentioned organizations, except to those active at Global level and when these associations are themselves listed in the Transparency Register;
- direct expenses paid to consulting firms for specific lobbying purposes;
- travel expenses.
Human resources come in addition to this estimate.
Door zich in te schrijven heeft de organisatie ingestemd met de gedragscode van het transparantieregister.
De organisatie heeft verder verklaard zich te houden aan de volgende code:
Group's ethics charter & internal code of conduct for responsible lobbying