Herramientas de accesibilidad
Herramientas de servicio
Selección de idiomas
Recorrido de navegación
Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association
Non Profit Organisation
II - Grupos de presión dentro de las empresas y asociaciones comerciales, empresariales o profesionales
Asociaciones comerciales y empresariales
Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2179 - 10°
01452-000 São Paulo - SP
(+55 11) 3093 4949
C/O Apex Brasil
Avenue des Arts 19 A/D
CEO and President
Head of International Affairs
The Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA) is the largest organization in Brazil representing sugar, ethanol and bioelectricity producers. UNICA members answer for more than 50% of all ethanol produced in Brazil and 60% of overall sugar production. The Brazilian sugarcane sector’s annual gross earnings are of nearly US$ 16 billion, and the sector directly employs over 1.28 million people.
UNICA’s objective in Brussels is to provide consumers, government officials, NGOs, the business community and the news media with up-to-date, detailed information on vital social, economic and environmental contributions of Brazil’s sugar, ethanol and bioelectricity sectors. UNICA’s aims at working pro-actively with the European Union and national policy-makers to identify opportunities to remove existing regulatory barriers within the EU. It monitors on-going and upcoming European legislation, alert members on developments affecting the sector and lobby European institutions so that its needs are recognized and taken into account in the EU decision-making process. It is also important for UNICA to develop a network of high-level contacts among the European Institutions and other stakeholders.
UNICA actively participates in the EU decision-making process, and follows key EU legislative proposals with a direct impact on the industry in the field of energy, environment, trade (MERCOSUR and WTO), and transport and agriculture issues, among others.
- Revision of the Renewable Energy Directive and of the Fuel Quality Directive
- 2030 Energy and Climate Package
- Energy Union
- Think Energy, Think Brazil: Perspectives on the 2030 Energy and Climate Package (http://sugarcane.org/global-policies/policies-in-the-european-union/unicas-event-in-brussels-november-19th-2014)
- Position paper: Reducing transport emissions by 2030
through a renewed EU biofuels policy (january 2015)
- EU blogs http://sugarcane.org/blog/eu
- EU - Mercosur trade negotiations
- CAP reform
UNICA’s mission is to play a leading role in the consolidation of the Brazilian sugarcane industry as a modern agroindustrial complex equipped to compete sustainably, in Brazil and around the world, as suppliers of ethanol, sugar and bioelectricity.
• Consolidate ethanol as a globally traded commodity
• Promote demand of ethanol as a clean, renewable transport fuel
• Expand use of ethanol to other relevant sectors
• Foment large-scale production of bioelectricity for Brazil’s domestic market
• Assist member companies in becoming sustainability benchmarks
• Disseminate solid, credible scientific data about the competitiveness and sustainability of sugarcane ethanol
|Nombre||Apellidos||Fecha inicial||Fecha final|
04/2014 - 03/2015
>= 200.000 € y < 299.999 €
No se recibió financiación de las instituciones de la UE en el último ejercicio financiero cerrado.
Al inscribirse, la organización ha firmado el código de conducta del Registro de Transparencia.