Herramientas de accesibilidad
Herramientas de servicio
Selección de idiomas
Recorrido de navegación
European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and the Environment
VI - Organizaciones que representan a autoridades locales, regionales y municipales, otros organismos públicos o mixtos, etc.
Avenue Louise, 210
In the late 1980s, early 1990s, regional actors, encouraged by the European Commission, wanted to assert their role and see its importance in the energy field recognised. Thus FEDARENE - European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and the Environment - was created on 8th June 1990 by 6 regional authorities – Rhône-Alpes, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur, Wallonia, Basque Country, Aquitaine and Nord-Pas-de-Calais – who shared an ambition to adopt pro-active regional policies and joint actions for sustainable energy. EU programmes helped kick-start many regional and local energy agencies across Europe, who act as facilitators, some of which became members of FEDARENE.
FEDARENE is now the premier European network of regional and local organisations which implement, coordinate and facilitate energy and environment policies at the regional and local levels. A non-profit association, the network counts today more than 65 members from 18 EU and EEA countries. These members are mostly regions and regional or local energy agencies. These levels of governance offer high possibilities for targeted and adapted sustainable energy measures through:
- a greater flexibility than national governments
- the responsibility for many policy areas relating to energy: buildings, transport, industry…
- a more thorough knowledge of the territories covered
- the proximity to citizens
- Serve as a platform for the exchange of best practices to foster replication
- Facilitate the development of inter-regional partnerships and EU projects
- Create a counter-weight to the national governments
- Represent, promote and lobby for the regional dimension in EU energy policy debates with the EU Institutions, EU networks…
- Assist regions in developing their capacity to take action, and in creating energy agencies
- Organise working groups on specific themes (local climate adaptation, local renewable energy production, mobility)
- Keep an up-to-date online database of best practices to encourage replication
- Provide an ongoing information service - in particular on EU policy developments and funding programmes - to our members
- Assist our members in the formulation of project proposals and the creation of partnerships/consortiums
- Promote our members’ activities and disseminate information on their behalf
- Prepare position papers on European legislation and programmes
- Participate in consultations/thematic workshops to represent regions’ role
Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Climate change
The FEDARENE, through its Board of Administration or staff team, regularly meets with representatives of the European Commission and of the European Parliament to defend the interests of local and regional authorities in the fields of Energy and the Environment.
The FEDARENE has worked on the Renewables Directive, on the European Efficiency Energy Action Plan, and particularly on the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive since the President of FEDARENE at the time was also a member of the Committee of the Regions and the Rapporteur for this Directive.
The people participating in activities falling under the scope of the Transparency Register are the members of the Board of Administration and the staff members of the secretariat office – 19 people in total.
The members of the Board of Administration are elected regional or local governments officials or else Presidents of regional or local energy agencies.
The list of the Board of Administration members is available on this webpage: http://www.fedarene.org/about-us/board-of-administration-984
|No hay personas acreditadas|
01/2014 - 12/2014
>= 200.000 € y < 299.999 €
Intelligent Energy for Europe, ICT PSP
Al inscribirse, la organización ha firmado el código de conducta del Registro de Transparencia.
La organización también ha declarado que está vinculada al siguiente código:
Je souscris au code de conduite