Croatian Chamber of Economy
non for profit association
II - Lobbyists u assoċjazzjonijiet kummerċjali/ta' negozju/professjonali interni
Assoċjazzjonijiet tal-kummerċ u tan-negozju
Rooseveltov trg, 2
Avenue Palmerston 2
Sinjur Luka Burilović
Sinjur Domagoj Juričić
Vice President for Economy, International and EU Affairs
The representation of economic interests before economic policy makers is achieved in the form of written materials, opinions on the respective measures or bills, active participation in Government or ministry sessions, either as a member or upon invitation, mandatory position statements for parliamentary committees - primarily on economic, budgetary, financial, labor and social policy issues. This also includes providing parliamentary representatives with materials.
The CCE prepares materials on topical economic issues and refers them to relevant departments as joint proposals of the business community. The CCE also commissions studies, thus harnessing the professional and scientific communities for the benefit of the economy.
Promotion of the economy home and abroad
One of the most important tasks of the Chamber is the improvement of economic co-operation with foreign countries. This is achieved through various activities aimed at increasing the exchange of goods and services, and also at making improvements in all other forms of economic co-operation with business actors abroad.
The Chamber pays special attention to promotional activities through which the Croatian economy is represented in the respective country. Specifically, it informs business partners about the laws and regulations of the Republic of Croatia, as well as about possibilities and facilities for investment. The Chamber organizes visits for numerous foreign business representatives. It arranges meetings and concrete business co-operation with business partners abroad. It plays an important role in the promotion of export-oriented activities of the Croatian economy at well-known, leading fairs and shows abroad.
As the chief promoter and organizer of their participation at fairs and exhibitions, the Croatian Chamber of Economy supports its members both organizationally and financially in developing a successful marketing approach to the respective market. This is possible thanks to the CCE’s links with chambers and economic institutions around the world, which enables Croatian companies to establish successful contacts with counterparts in the respective country or region. These activities are carried out in co-operation with county chambers, professional associations and other institutions. The Chamber assists in Croatia’s efforts to follow liberalization trends in global trade in order to ensure fair competitive conditions for exports.
In 2000, the Croatian Chamber of Economy established its Representative Office in Brussels with the main aim to provide support to the Croatian business sector in the process of European integration and implementation of the rules of the European Single Market.
The Brussels Representative Office acts as a main link between the Croatian Chamber of Economy in Croatia and the European institutions, associations, organizations and companies in Brussels. The office supports Croatian companies in different aspects of their business activity by:
• Providing information on EU policies, measures and instruments;
• Offering our members relevant information on placing their products on the European market;
• Providing information on EU-funding and programmes, open calls and partner search;
• Assisting with participation in EU-financed projects;
• Answering inquiries from domestic and foreign companies on different issues such as legislation, public tendering, requirements for establishing
a company, real estate, business partners etc.;
The services provided by the CCE Representative Office in Brussels are the result of joint eff orts done by the entire Chamber’s system in Croatia (departments, centers, professional associations and the
Croatian Chamber of Economy monitored and have been involved in the following topics:
- The Directive on Payment Services (PSD) - Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions
- Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL amending Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste to reduce the consumption of lightweight plastic carrier bags
- Directive on package travel and assisted travel arrangements
- REFIT – making EU law lighter, simpler and less costly
- Revision of the Commission’s Impact Assessment Guideline
- EEN Enterprise Europe Network
Main activities of the Brussels Office are:
- informing our members about requirements and rules of the EU single market and on EU policy developments;
- representing interests of Croatian companies;
- providing information on EU-funding and programmes,open calls and partner search,
- promotion of Croatian economic sectors in Brussels,
- organization of study visits to Brussels,
- organization of conferences, workshops and seminars,
- networking with EU interest groups and European associations,
- strengthening the voice and position of the Croatian Chamber of Economy in Brussels.
Representative office of the Croatian Chamber of Economy in Brussels has a staff of 3 persons: Director, Expert Associate and Secretary.
|Isem||Kunjom||Data tal-bidu||Data tat-tmiem|
The Croatian Chamber of Economy is a member of many European
umbrella professional associations and networks which represent their interests with EU institutions. Membership in these associations also contributes to the exchange of information and facilitates partnerships
EUROCHAMBRES - Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry
EUROCOMMERCE - Wholesale and retail sector
EURATEX - European Apparel and Textile Association
MEDISAMAK - Association of Fisheries Organizations in the Mediterranean
EMEC - European Marine Equipment Council
PLASTICS EUROPE - Association of Plastics Manufacturers
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
EUPC - European Plastics Converters
FEAP - Federation of European Aquaculture Producers
TII - Technology Innovation Information
EWEA - European Wind Energy Association
EURELECTRIC - Union of Electricity Industry
EBC – European Brewery Convention
CBN - Croatian Business Network
EWN - Eurochambres Business Network
01/2010 - 12/2010
Ebda finanzjament riċevut mill-istituzzjonijiet tal-UE fl-aħħar sena finanzjarja magħluqa.
B'din ir-reġistrazzjoni, l-organizzazzjoni ffirmat il-Kodiċi ta' Kondotta tar-Reġistru għat-Trasparenza.