III - Organizzazzjonijiet mhux governattivi
Organizzazzjonijiet mhux governattivi, pjattaforom u netwerks u għaqdiet simili
Chemin de Palente, 2
Square de Meeus
Sinjura Claire ROUMET
Sinjur Frédéric BOYER
Responsable des affaires européennes
Energy Cities is a non-profit association of European municipalities committed to sustainable energy policies and active in sharing its experience and know-how with its members since its foundation in 1990. The association represents about 1,000 members from 30 States of which nearly 200 have individually joined Energy Cities. Today, the President is the city of Heidelberg (DE).
Energy Cities promotes energy efficiency, renewable energy and distributed generation with three primary objectives:
• Strengthen the role of local authorities and improve their skills
• Represent their interests and influence decisions at European level
• Encourage exchange of know-how and promote action on the ground
Its main activities and the objectives of its numerous own initiatives are:
- Foster exchange of experiences in the field of integrated energy management (incl. promotion of renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy diversification) amongst European municipalities, incl. in New Member States and Candidate Countries
- Disseminating information on EU energy policies and launching campaigns for their implementation on local level (e.g. for the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive-EPBD)
- Organisation of conferences, seminars, working groups and training courses with local authority representatives on a broad range of energy issues
- Finding new ways to positively communicate current energy issues with an increasing utilization of ICT (newsletters, blogs, forums, on-line editors, etc.) and share them with its members
- Analysis and dissemination of municipal projects and good practice in the sustainable energy field
- Networking with municipalities engaged in sustainable energy initiatives and projects
- Influencing Community legislation by participating on behalf of its members in the consultation process and entering into dialogue with European institutions.
As a network of local authorities specialised in sustainable enery, all policies related to energy, climate, mobility, urban policies are closely followed.
Currently, we are following, among others: Energy Union, 2030 Framework, Juncker's Plan and other innovative financing schemes, Cohesion Policy, Urban Agenda.
Energy Cities is leading the Covenant of Mayors Office for Europe as well as for the ENPI East and Central Asian countries.
With as main goal the promotion of local sustainable policies, Energy Cities has great interests in European policies, regulations and programmes of various fields. To set up ambitious local policies aiming at reducing the overall energy consumption of a city, Mayors have to invest in various sectors (e.g. spatial planning, building, urban mobility, citizens awareness, renewable energy production, etc.).
Energy Cities is therefore interested in several fields of action and aims at facilitating integrated approach between those various sectors.
Whereas a municipality alone has little influence in the European political process, Energy Cities is able to combine the forces of all to take more appropriate action.
Energie-Cités regularly publishes opinions or position papers as well as contributes to public consultations on matters related to local sustainable energy.
50%: 2 25%: 3
|L-ebda persuna akkreditata|
Polish Network of Energie Cités(30),
Union of the Baltic Cities(40),
Orase Energie Romania(30),
Energy Efficient Cities of Ukraine(20)
Energy Cities regularly contributes to informal networking with other European or National Associations and Networks of Local Authorities or stakeholders working in the field of sustainable energy and transport issues. These networking activities allow Energy Cities:
• to foster exchange of know-how with other partners,
• to manage projects (e.g. Energie-Cités leads the Consortium in charge of the Covenant of Mayors initiative, is partner of the Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign, and other European initiatives)
• to build common opinions and position papers so as to contribute to public consultations and lobby European Institutions.
Energy Cities is currently developing together with a series of partners a Think-Tank called “Imagine” thats aims at promoting the transition towards a low energy city with a high quality of life for all, accelerate such a momentum, induce others and stimulate as many opportunities for change as possible.
01/2013 - 12/2013
< 9,999 €
IEE - DG ENER
National Institutions and others
B'din ir-reġistrazzjoni, l-organizzazzjoni ffirmat il-Kodiċi ta' Kondotta tar-Reġistru għat-Trasparenza.