Solicitantul înregistrării: Organizaţie sau persoană care desfăşoară activităţi independente
||II – Reprezentanţi interni şi asociaţii comerciale/profesionale
|şi mai precis:
||Companii şi grupuri
Persoana care deţine răspunderea juridică
||President and CEO
Persoana care răspunde permanent de relaţiile cu UE
||Vice President Corporate Affairs EMEA
Date de contact:
|Datele de contact ale sediului organizaţiei:
McGinty Road West 15615
55391 Wayzata (Minneapolis)
STATELE UNITE ALE AMERICII
|Numărul de telefon:
||(+001) 952 742 6216
|Număr de fax:
|Alte informaţii cu privire la datele de contact:
||Cargill Europe bvba
Tel. +32 15 401 610
Fax +32 15 400 554
This is one of many Cargill offices in Europe and is the location of the European Government Relations group.
Obiective şi misiuni
|Obiectivele şi misiunile organizaţiei:
||Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and nearly 150 years of experience. We have 142,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. The company's fiscal 2013 revenues were $136.7 billion.
In the EU Cargill has business operations in 20 countries in some or all of the following sectors:
- wet milling of wheat and maize into starches, glucose syrups and wheat proteins for food use; the production of starches also for the paper, corrugated, chemical and industrial binders businesses;the production of ethyl alcohol for food or industrial use;
- malting of barley into a range of malts for brewers and distillers;
- oilseed crushing and vegetable oil refining and bottling; oils covered include rapeseed, sunflower, soya, maize, olive, palm and peanut. Cargill also produces biodiesel.
- cocoa bean processing into cocoa butter, liquor and powder; the manufacture of chocolate coatings and chocolate products for bakers and confectioners' use;
- manufacturing ingredients such as pectin, lecithin, soy protein and hydrocolloids to improve the stability, texture, consistency and shelf life of foods;
- manufacturing speciality ingredients such as maltodextrins, dextrose, sorbitol, mannitol, maltitol;
- slaughtering poultry and processing poultry meat for retail food service and food manufacturing customers;
- formulation of animal feed, its production and distribution for commercial livestock and domestic pets; animal feed consulting services; creating and delivering optimal animal nutrition solutions.
- providing a wide range of premixes for all farm animals; including specific products for young animals and animals with special dietary and nutrition requirements.
- trading, shipment and storage of grain, oilseeds and other agricultural raw materials including cotton and sugar; trading of energy such as electricity and gas;
- R&D in the food and feed sectors, including formulation, applications, analytical chemistry and sensory analysis, novel ingredients, new processing technologies, nutritional research;
- chartering, trading, logistics, and risk management of ocean-going freight in the dry market segment (e.g. grain, coal) and the tanker segment (e.g. petroleum);
- financial services: Black River Asset Management is a global asset management company; Carval is an investor in credit intensive assets, loan portfolios and real estate.
Cargill began as a small grain elevator in Conover, Iowa, in 1865 and today is a thriving global company, committed to using its knowledge and experience to work with customers and help them succeed. It is our policy to reinvest the majority of our earnings back into the business, thus promoting long term growth and expansion of the company.
Cargill's purpose is to be the global leader in nourishing people. Our mission is to create distinctive value. Our approach is to be trustworthy, creative and enterprising. We measure our performance by engaged employees, satisfied customers, enriched communities and profitable growth.
Corporate responsibility is part of everything we do. It is a process of continually improving our standards, our actions and our processes. It extends not only to our own operations but to our wider communities and is based on four commitments:
- We will conduct our business with this highest levels of integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- We will develop ways if reducing our environmental impact and help conserve natural resources.
- We will treat people with dignity and respect.
- We will invest in and engage with communities where we live and work.
We recognize our continued success depends on the growth
Interesele organizaţiei dumneavoastră ţin de nivelul următor/nivelurile următoare:
Numărul persoanelor angajate în activităţi care intră în sfera de aplicare a Registrului de Transparenţă
|Număr de persoane:
Persoane acreditate să acceadă în clădirile Parlamentului European
|Nicio persoană acreditată
|Principalele iniţiative ale UE care au fost acoperite pe durata anului precedent de activităţi care intră în sfera de aplicare a Registrului:
||Areas of interest include
- ensuring the efficacy and practicality of food and feed safety legislation; Cargill was a pioneer of the HACCP system and is a strong believer in food safety risk management
- ensuring that environment legislation affecting our activities meets its objectives and is practical, economically viable, transparent, WTO compliant and non-discriminatory
- ensuring that agricultural, food & ingredient legislation and trade legislation are science-based and foster the availability of agricultural raw materials for our businesses and our ability to operate, compete and innovate.
- ensuring that legislation does not distort the market signals to farmers about demand for their produce;
- ensuring that non-food uses of renewable raw materials do not have precedence over food uses at a time of a short crop
- ensuring a robust future food system that is sustainable and where thought has been given to Europe's place in the world
- ensuring that future financial market legislation allows us to hedge our raw material price risks.
Domenii de interes pentru notificările privind consultările şi foile de parcurs
|Centrele de interese declarate de organizaţie:
- Agricultură şi dezvoltare rurală
- Cercetare şi tehnologie
- Piaţă internă
- Siguranţă alimentară
Reţele - Networking
|Informaţii privind apartenenţa organizaţiei la una sau mai multe asociaţii/federaţii/confederaţii sau, în cazul în care organizaţia face parte dintr-o reţea, chiar şi ad hoc, informaţii privind aceste raporturi.
Cargill is a member of a number of European trade associations given the numerous product areas in which it operates. These include:
AAF (Association des Amidonniers et Féculiers)
Fediol (EU Oil and Proteinmeal Industry), via national associations
Coceral (Comité du Commerce des céréales, aliments du bétail, oléagineux, huile d'olive, huiles et graisses et agrofournitures), via national associations
ECA (European Cocoa Association)
FoodDrink EU (Confédération des industries agro-alimentaires de l'UE)
Amcham EU (American Chamber of Commerce) & AmCham BE
AVEC (Association of Poultry Processors and Poultry Trade in the EU countries), via national associations
APIC (CEFIC Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Committee)
IPEC (International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council)
EBB (European Biodiesel Board)
EFIP (European Feed Ingredients Platform)
ELC (Federation of European Food Additives and Food Enzymes Industries)
ELMA (European Lecithin Manufacturers' Association)
EPA (European Association of Polyol Producers)
ePure (European Renewable Ethanol Association)
EUFIC (European Food Information Council)
Euromalt (European Maltsters), via national associations
Euvepro (The European Association of Manufacturers, Distributors and Users of Vegetable Proteins for Human Consumption)
FEFAC (European Feed Manufacturers' Federation), via national associations
Gafta (Grain and feed trade association)
ICGA (International Chewing Gum Association )
INEC (Association of Producers of Carob Bean Gum)
IPPA (International Pectin Producers' Association)
MARINALG (World Association of Seaweed processors)
ECPA (European Centre for Public Affairs)
Lufpig (Land Use and Food Policy Intergroup)
Estimarea costurilor legate de activităţile directe de reprezentare a intereselor, efectuate de organizaţie pe lângă instituţiile europene, pe durata acestui exerciţiu:
€ şi < 600000
Suma şi sursa de finanţare primită din partea instituţiilor UE în cursul exerciţiului financiar n -1 al înregistrării
Alte informaţii financiare sau precizări suplimentare furnizate de organizaţie pentru asigurarea transparenţei:
The estimated cost above represents about a third of the fully loaded in-house costs of our Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs team in our Mechelen and Vilvoorde offices outside Brussels. This represents the costs associated with direct lobbying including participation in direct lobbying activities of the relevant trade associations. Other costs arise from information gathering and policy monitoring, the interpretation of that information, its internal dissemination, internal communication and discussions of business interests in relation to policy changes. Note that this amount does not cover our expenditure on the trade association memberships outlined above.These memberships provide us with a variety of activities. We expect these trade associations to register themselves how much of their budgets are devoted to direct lobbying. We employ one consultancy to assist us in one small piece of lobbying on food security: Acumen. Its costs are included in the amount above.