The European Organization for Packaging and the Environment
II - Lobbyists u assoċjazzjonijiet kummerċjali/ta' negozju/professjonali interni
Assoċjazzjonijiet tal-kummerċ u tan-negozju
Avenue de l'Armée, 6
(+32-2) 736 3600
Sinjura Virginia Janssens
Sinjur François Paquet
EU Affairs Officer
EUROPEN - The European Organization for Packaging and the Environment - is an industry organization presenting the opinion of the packaging supply chain in Europe on topics related to packaging and the environment, without favouring any specific packaging material or system.
EUROPEN aims to achieve a fully accessible European market for packaging and packaged products, while protecting the product and the environment.
EUROPEN strives to improve environmental performance of packaging and packaged products based on life-cycle thinking, secure the free flow of packaging and packaged goods throughout Europe and promote harmonised European and national packaging and packaging waste regulations
EUROPEN's mandate is to:
(a) convey expert information, data, opinions and policy options to its members and EU policy stakeholders about the environmental, economic and social aspects of sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and end of life of packaging and packaged product.
(b) Promote legislation that is transparent, effective, and proportionate in relation to packaging and packaging waste and thus enables our members to innovate, compete and operate in a resource efficient, competitive and sustainable way.
1. Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL amending Directives 2008/98/EC on waste, 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste, 1999/31/EC on the landfill of waste, 2000/53/EC on end-of-life vehicles, 2006/66/EC on batteries and accumulators and waste batteries and accumulators, and 2012/19/EU on waste electrical and electronic equipment
2. COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, THE COUNCIL, THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE AND THE COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS Towards a circular economy: A zero waste programme for Europe
3. Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) pilots
4. Proposal for a Directive amending Directive 94/62/EC to reduce the consumption of lightweight plastic carrier bags
5. Food & Drink Sustainable Consumption and Production Roundtable.
1. Factsheet on Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for used packaging, 2015
2. Economic Instruments in Packaging and Packaging Waste Policy, 2014
3. Packaging & Packaging Waste Statistics 1998-2011, 2014
4. European & National Legislation on Packaging and the Environment, 2012
5. Green Paper on Packaging and Sustainability, 2011
Position papers / Statements:
1. The packaging supply chain’s policy recommendations for a competitive, resource-efficient and growth-oriented Circular Economy
2. EUROPEN issue paper on the EU Waste Targets Review
3. EUROPEN Issue papers on EPR for post-consumer packaging in EU
4. EUROPEN Guidance on how to address packaging and packaging waste in the context of the EC PEF methodology
5. Fitness check - EUROPEN preliminary response to DG Environment study on the ex-post evaluation of the PPWD
Related to circular economy package - upon invitation by the European Commission and their consultants.
One-off collaboration with the "Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development" (CCBSD) Intergroup
|Isem||Kunjom||Data tal-bidu||Data tat-tmiem|
EUROPEN membership totals 53: 47 Corporate Members and 6 National Organizations. The full list of our members can be found here: http://www.europen-packaging.eu/about-us/our-members/corporate.html
European Food Sustainable Consumption and Production Round Table
European Policy Centre
The Packaging Chain Forum
Member of CEN/TC 261 "Packaging". Link: http://standards.cen.eu/dyn/www/f?p=204:7:0::::FSP_ORG_ID:6242&cs=13F1665FC3F6B46A82953D594CB64840D
Member of EPR Club organised by ACR+. Link: http://www.eprclub.eu/home
01/2014 - 12/2014
>= 50,000 € et < 99,999 €
Ebda finanzjament riċevut mill-istituzzjonijiet tal-UE fl-aħħar sena finanzjarja magħluqa.
EUROPEN’s activities are funded entirely from corporate fees, income from additional services provided and sales of our e-publications for non-members.
B'din ir-reġistrazzjoni, l-organizzazzjoni ffirmat il-Kodiċi ta' Kondotta tar-Reġistru għat-Trasparenza.
L-organizzazzjoni ddikjarat ukoll li tintrabat fil-Kodiċi li ġejja wkoll: