System Capital Management
private join-stock company
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Mr Oleg Popov
Chief Executive Officer
Mr John Mendoza-Wilson
Director of International and Investor Relations
Mission: driving together to success
By investing in the continuous growth and effectiveness of our business we contribute to the economic and social development of our entire society.
Vision: to create through development
We create efficient businesses and manage them applying the best global standards and practices, ensuring long-term return on investment and taking part in the development of the regions of our operations.
Values: effectiveness, professionalism and responsibility
SCM is a leading business in Ukraine working to the highest professional standards and being at the forefront of the country’s development as a European country.
SCM Group seeks to increase the shareholder value of our business through investment in development and growth of our assets. At the same time we recognize our responsibility to local communities, where the Group's assets operate, and to Ukrainian society in general.
This approach is confirmed by our corporate values:
Effectiveness as a tool to achieve the best results in everything we do. It means for us:
-achieving set goals;
-applying modern technologies and business approaches;
-regularly improving processes and methods of doing business;
-using resources in a sustainable way;
-looking for new opportunities;
-being ready for changes.
Professionalism in doing business, which includes investing in people, encouraging innovations and work commitment. It means for us:
-meeting the highest standards;
-encouraging initiatives and innovations;
-investing in professional development and loyalty of employees;
- attracting and retaining skilled professionals;
assessing our achievements fairly.
Responsibility to our employees, partners, local communities and entire society.
Key activities and regulations followed by the Company are as below:
- Foreign Affairs Council meetings
- International Trade Committee meetings
- EP panel discussions related to Ukraine
- European Commission's support for Ukraine incl Macro Financial Assistance, State building Contract, fight against corruption, Energy Security
- Meetings and initiatives of the following Departments of the Commission: DG Trade, DG Energy, DG Economic and Financial Affairs, DG Climate Action
- Council Decision 2014/145/CFSP of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine. COUNCIL REGULATION (EU) No 269/2014 of 17 March 2014 concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine
Being one of Ukraine’s largest financial and industrial groups System Capital Management fully supports country’s integration to the European Union and favors signing Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement as one of the key stages of integration. SCM actively supports major events where DCFTA issues and EU issues related to Ukraine are discussed voicing its position on major integration aspects.
Having significant volume of the sales of its industrial businesses going to the EU countries, SCM is also engaged in dialogue on other issues that are relevant to its business activities and to Ukraine's economic and social develeopment, namely: industrial policies; energy issues, including EU external energy policy; competition and trade; environment.
SCM is a direct investor in the European Union and has two steel rolling mills in Northern Italy, one in Bulgaria and one in the United Kingdom. In total at present the company employs 1,115 people within the EU.
SCM is also a leader in the area of corporare responsibility and monitors closely EU policy and regulatory affairs in this area.
Persons involved from our Company:
John Mendoza-Wilson - person in charge of building up communication and holding the meetings; he is benefiting from an access pass to the European Parliament's premises.
Anna Polishchuk - person in charge of schedule arrangements, monitoring the updates of the related initiatives/policies, conducting researches of the related information, etc.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
As an active corporate and global citizen SCM has over recent years established a number of partnerships, memberships and cooperation programmes with international institutions and business associations including those promoting US and EU trade and investment, as well as global economic issues and corporate responsibility. These are summarized below:
1) WEF - SCM became a member of the World Economic Forum in 2007, initially as an industrial partner in the mining and metals sector. Since 2009, SCM has been a strategic partner of the World Economic Forum. http://www.weforum.org/
2) UN - SCM is a founder member of the United Nations Global Compact in Ukraine, joining in 2006. Since 2008 SCM has held the chair of the local United Nations Global Compact Network in Ukraine. http://www.un.org.ua/. In 2010 SCM was invited to join the United Nations Global Compact LEAD initaitve.
3)EBA - SCM Since 2007 has been a member of the European Business Association (EBA) in Ukraine.http://www.eba.com.ua/
4) ACC - SCM has been a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (ACC) since 2009 One of the principal activities of the Chamber is to represent the internationally oriented investment community as well as to facilitate the entrance of potential new investors into this market. http://www.chamber.ua/
5) USUBC - SCM joined the US Ukraine Business Council in 2009 following Metinvest’s acquisition of the US based United Coal Company and has been an active member of the organization since joining, including sponsoring its business summit in 2009 in Washington. http://www.usubc.org/
6)EUUBC - EU Ukraine business Council The EU-Ukraine Business Council is an independent CEO-level forum for European and Ukrainian business leaders that is set up as a non-profit making organisation in order to promote trade and investment between the EU and Ukraine, to assist companies to develop business opportunities, to promote dialogue between governments and companies to help solve market access difficulties and overcome regulatory obstacles both for Ukrainian businesses in the EU and EU businesses in Ukraine. The Council has been an active proponent of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement currently being negotiated between the Ukraine and the EU. SCM was a founder member of the EUUBC in January 2006. http://www.euubc.com/e/index.php
12/2013 - 12/2014
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
Although SCM is a private company we publish a summary of cour financial results audited to IFRS standards and Public versions of our annual report. We also publish Sustainability reports produced to international standard and assured by independent auditors.
Consolidated statements are prepared in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards and include financial statement data of all assets under the SCM umbrella. This includes all assets and enterprises controlled directly or indirectly by SCM, the managing company. Such control includes the ownership or management of a controlling stake of an asset, or holding a majority in the management bodies of such assets.
PricewaterhouseCoopers audits the consolidated statements of the Group.
Data from consolidated statements for five years are given below can be be found by following the links below.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.