National Association of Recyclers
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Vas, 12. II./2.
Ms Eszter Sarosi
Ms Eszter Hejja
Environmental and International Relations Manager
The National Association of Recyclers of Hungary (Hulladékhasznosítók Országos Egyesülete, HOE) is a professional association engaged in national scientific consultation, trade organization and representing the interests of those working in or supporting waste management and recycling: professionals, organizations, joint ventures and economic companies. The more than 50 member companies of HOE are involved in the collection, pre-treatment, recycling and trading of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals, recovered paper, waste plastics, tyre waste and waste glass. The market share of our members in the domestic trading and recycling of recyclables is more than 80%.
• Ferrous and Non-ferrous Scrap Metal Section
• Waste Plastics Section
• Recovered Paper Section
• Hazardous Waste Section
• Fly Ash and Mining Waste Section
• Major Trader’s Club
• Education Centre
• Taking part in the policy-making process through giving professional opinion on draft legislation related to waste management
• Elaborating analyses and background studies to draft legislation and other programmes concerning waste management
• Providing the members with information on changes to legislation, calls for applications, events and news related to waste management and the market of different wastes on a regular basis
• Membership at the Bureau of International Recycling (BIR), the European Metal Trade and Recycling Federation (EUROMETREC) and the European Recovered Paper Association (ERPA) and continuous and mutual exchange of information between HOE and the umbrella organizations
• Supporting the edition of the monthly professional magazine ZIP
• Holding conferences aiming to encourage recovery and recycling; participating at waste management conferences in Hungary and abroad
• Providing the citizens, public institutions and companies with information on issues related to waste management and helping institutions and companies set up separate waste collection systems
• Organizing courses to scrap yard employees
Circular Economy Package
European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on Raw Materials - Operational Group 4, Operational Group 1
Our main interest is waste management and particularly the collection, pre-treatment, recycling, trading, and shipment of recyclables.
|No accredited persons|
HOE is a member of the Bureau of International Recycling (BIR), the European Metal Trade and Recycling Federation (EUROMETREC), the European Recovered Paper Association (ERPA), the Confederation of Hungarian Employers and Industrialists (BUSINESSHUNGARY), and the Hungarian Standards Institution (MSZT).
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.