Accenture International SARL
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Avenue J-F Kennedy, 46A
Boulevard de Waterloo 16
Mr Jo Deblaere
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Executive Europe
Ms Barbara Wynne
Director, EU Government Relations
Accenture is one of the world’s leading organizations providing management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, with approximately 319,000 employees; offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 56 countries; and net revenues of $30.0 billion for fiscal 2014.
Our four growth platforms—Accenture Strategy, Accenture Digital, Accenture Technology, Accenture Operations—are the innovation engines through which we build world-class skills and capabilities; develop knowledge capital; and create, acquire and manage key assets central to the development of integrated services and solutions for our clients.
Our "high performance business" strategy is to use our expertise in consulting, technology and outsourcing to help clients achieve performance at higher levels so they can create sustainable value for their customers and stakeholders. We use our industry and business-process knowledge, our service offering expertise and our insight into, and understanding of, emerging technologies and new business and technology trends to formulate and implement solutions with and for our clients.
Our strategy is focused on helping clients improve their operational performance, deliver their products and services more effectively and efficiently, and grow their businesses in existing and new markets.
The main EU initiatives, policies and legislative files followed by Accenture within the fiscal year from September 2013 to 31 August 2014 were:
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (General Data Protection Regulation), (COM (2012) 11 final);
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning measures to ensure a high common level of network and information security across the Union (COM(2013) 48 final);
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Unleashing the Potential of Cloud Computing in Europe (COM (2012) 529 final);
- The European Cloud Partnership and Steering Board;
- A Digital Agenda for Europe;
- Proposal for a Directive on conditions of entry and residence of third country nationals in the framework of an intra-corporate transfer (COM(2010) 378 final);
- EU Smart Borders Package: Proposal for a Regulation establishing Registered Traveller Programme (COM (2013) 96 final); and Proposal for a Regulation establishing an Entry/Exit System (EES) (COM (2013) 95 final);
- Strategic Policy Forum on Digital Entrepreneurship;
- Public Sector Innovation under ‘Innovation Union’;
- Public Employment Services 2020.
The main relevant activities conducted by Accenture within the fiscal year 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014 were:
- Strategic partner on the British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium 4th Annual Collaborative Border Management Conference: Delivering Smart Borders, September 2013.
- Strategic partner on the European Business Summit (EBS) 2014, including development of the report for the EBS: “Accelerating Europe’s Comeback—Digital Opportunities for Competitiveness and Growth”, May 2014.
- Co-partner on the European Centre for Government Transformation, with The Lisbon Council and the College of Europe, with research and roundtables/events on the following themes :
• Powering Public Sector Innovation, December 2013;
• Productivity in Labour Markets for Growth and Competitiveness in Europe, March 2014;
• Government as a Digital Disrupter: Driving Public Service Innovation and Transformation, June 2014;
• Fringe session “Driving Public Sector Innovation” at the Innovation Convention, March 2014.
- Collaboration with Eurelectric on a report entitled: Forging a Joint Commitment to Sustainable and Cost-Efficient Energy Transition in Europe, June 2014.
Accenture's CEO, Pierre Nanterme, was a member of the European Cloud Partnership Steering Board
- European Commission Expert Group on “Public Sector Innovation”;
- European Commission Cloud Select Industry Group on Service Level Agreements;
- European Commission Cloud Select Industry Group on Certification.
This figure has been calculated on the basis of all staff time (calculated pro rata temporis) devoted to activities falling under the scope of the register from 1 September 2013 to 31 Augus 2014 and expressed in number of persons per year. The figure has been rounded up to the neareast full person.
|No accredited persons|
For the purposes of the register, Accenture is providing the list of associations, groups, networks and think-tanks of which it was a member in the fiscal year 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014, where a substantial or significant part of their activities are focused on influencing the policy formulation and decision making processes of the European Institutions:
- American Chamber of Commerce to the EU
- Ad Hoc Council
- British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Centre for Information Policy Leadership
- The Lisbon Council
- The European Centre for Government Transformation
- Society of European Affairs Professionals (SEAP)
09/2013 - 08/2014
1,250,000 € - 1,499,999 €
European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/budget/fts/index_en.htm; European Parliament: ITS08- External service provision for IT services (lot 5); EMA/2010/39/DV; ECB: 14159/IS/2010
1. The financial information provided is based on records for Accenture’s fiscal year from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014 and covers activities carried out either directly by Accenture or via, for example, trade associations, think-tanks, chambers of commerce or professional lobbyists. The financial information provided is not based on or compatible with formal audit or fiscal reporting obligations.
2. The financial data provided by Accenture on the contracts (procurement) and grants awarded by EU Institutions, bodies and agencies is based on the latest publicly available information (including that of the EU Financial Transparency System http://ec.europa.eu/beneficiaries/fts/index_en.htm) .
It should be noted that:
- This information is for calendar year 2013, which is the latest publicly available information;
- The procurement amount provided includes contracts awarded to Accenture and/or consortia or cooperation partners and therefore exceeds the actual amount received by Accenture;
- Accenture has not compared this information with what is included in any of Accenture’s otherwise publicly available financial information.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
A small number of Accenture’s employees are signatories to the Code of Conduct of the Society of European Public Affairs Professionals.