Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Square de Meeûs 38/40
(+32) 2 401 61 98
Mr Halit HABIP OGLOU
Mr Kurtulus Engin SOYYILMAZ
-To protect and promote the rights of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace in Greece and to aid in obtaining solutions for the concerns of the minority through democracy and peace.
- As a non-govenmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (UN-ECOSOC), regular member of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) and participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform of FRA, representing the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace in Greece before international organizations such as the United Nations, the European Union, the Council of Europe and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and lobbying for the solution of its problmes.
- Organizing international panel discussions and/or conferences on minority issues, specifically on the problems of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace in Greece.
- Carrying out activities aiming at the integration of the emigrant members of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace with the domestic populations and satisfaction of their social needs.
- Publishing newsletters, bulletins, pamphlets, periodicals and reports related to the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace and its problems in the languages of Turkish, Greek, English and German.
- Participant non-governemental organization in the Fundamental Rights Platform (FRP) of FRA
- Regular participation in the FRP annual meetings and FRA conferences
- Contributions to the consultations on FRA annual reports, work programmes and multi-annual framework
- Co-organization of an international panel discussion on “Ignored Minorities of Greece: Western Thrace Turks and Macedonians” on 17 April 2008 in the European Parliament in Brussels
- Organization of a conference on “Human Rights Violations against Ethnic Turks in Greece” on 28 November 2012 in the European Parliament in Brussels
- Presentations on the problems and issues related to the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace in Greece at the Intergroup for Traditional Minorities, National Communities and Languages of the European Parliament in 2011 and 2013 in Strasbourg
Fundamental Rights Platform (FRP) of FRA
Intergroup for Traditional Minorities, National Communities and Languages
- Presentation and promotion of the Turkish Minority of Western Thrace in Greece
- Engaging contact with MEPs and EP officials
- Active participation in seminars/panels in Brussels on EU affairs focussing on minority rights and issues
- Conducting research based on academic literature with an emphasis on minority rights in the EU
- Preparation and dissemination of position papers regarding current affairs taking place within the scope of EU affairs
100%: 5 25%: 10
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
- Non-govenmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (UN-ECOSOC)
- Regular member of the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN)
- Participant non-govenmental organization in the Fundamental Rights Platform of the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
01/2013 - 12/2013
10,000 € - 24,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.