SwissCore, Contact Office for European Research, Innovation and Education
Brussels branch office of private foundation under Swiss law
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
P.O. box: 8232
(+41) 31 308 22 22
Mr Daniel Höchli
Mr Jean-Luc Barras
Head of Division International Cooperation
We are the Swiss information and liaison office for European research, innovation and education in Brussels. Ideologically we share and defend three core values:
As exponents of ‘Swissness’ abroad, we strive towards highest standards of excellence in our individual and institutional work and services.
As representatives of the Swiss knowledge institutions, we firmly believe that all knowledge institutions are autonomous vis-à-vis state, business, religion and other societal players and should be neither instrumentalised nor submitted. We underline, that this autonomy consists of both rights and duties.
As exponents of a multicultural and cohesive society in the heart of Europe, we engage in the further European integration through cooperation in research, innovation and education and offer our autonomy and excellence for the sake of others.
We bring Swiss excellence, autonomy and engagement in research, innovation and education to Europe!
Our mission is:
1) to bridge between Swiss and European knowledge institutions;
2) to support Swiss participation in European knowledge programmes.
- European research, innovation and education policies
- European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020)
- European Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport (Erasmus+)
- Innovation Union
- Digital Skills Strategy
Our activities are the following:
1) to provide high-quality information by writing articles, infomails, notes, reports and by publishing the Synopsis;
2) to liaise between Europe and Switzerland in the fields of research, innovation and education by answering questions, giving presentations and speeches and participating at and organising of meetings and events;
3) to support the Swiss participation at European level by providing brokerage and strategic advice, organising visits to and traineeships in Brussels, offering office facilities and by giving specialised trainings;
4) to promote the Swiss knowledge institutions at European level by executing ad hoc replacements of Swiss representatives and ad personam representations of Swiss organisations at European level, by representing the Swiss knowledge institutions within IGLO and by providing special support to Science Europe.
The persons engaged are the Head of Office and the three European Advisors for 1) Research, 2) Innovation and 3) Education.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
SwissCore is member of the Informal Group of RTD Liaison Offices in Brussels for EU and R&D (IGLO). For more information: http://www.iglortd.org/
01/2014 - 12/2014
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.