Център за междуетнически диалог и толерантност "Амалипе"
AMALIPE Center for Interethnic Dialogue and Tolerance
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Samuil, 4 fl.1/app.16
P.O. box: 113
Veliko Turnovo 5000
(+359)888 681 134
Mr Deyan KOLEV
Ms Teodora Krumova
Center for Interethnic Dialogue and Tolerance “Amalipe” was founded at the beginning of 2002. It is a Roma organization based in Veliko Turnovo region (Central Bulgaria) and at the same time it is one of the leading Roma NGO at national level that initiates and implements policy oriented projects on behalf of Roma community. At present we work in more than 120 towns and villages in 90 municipalities all over Bulgaria.
The organization plays central role in organizing Roma civic movement and advocating for Roma integration before state institutions. The Chairman of the organization Deyan Kolev used to be a Deputy Chair of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Demographic Issues by the side of NGOs. At present he is representative of Roma NGOs in the Monitoring Committee of Human Resources Development Operational Program. Amalipe is also the only Roma NGO approved for observer status in the Monitoring Committee of the National Strategic Reference Framework.
The main goals of Amalipe are:
* Advocating for a real Roma participation in the policy making process (especially in the process of Roma inclusion) at national, regional and local level;
* Developing strategic planning of Roma integration process;
* Supporting civil society mobilization of Roma NGOs, CBOs (community based organizations) and groups of activists;
* Provoking a change in the educational system through including a new subject: "Roma folklore and culture" in the school curriculum and promoting the introducing of interactive techniques of teaching;
* Preserving and renewing Roma identity trough collecting, editing, and popularizing the best examples of Roma culture (narrative folklore, festive system, etc.) in order to stop the process of assimilation of Roma and to change the negative attitudes and stereotypes against Roma by surrounding population;
* Emancipation of Roma women and strengthening Roma women participation.
Center Amalipe follows all initiatives related to Roma and minority integration and inclusion
The main advocacy activities of Center Amalipe are directed towards advocating for a real Roma participation in the policy making process (especially in the process of Roma inclusion), mainstreaming the Roma integration agenda in the general EU and national agenda and developing strategic planning of Roma integration process.
The specifics thematic fields Center Amalipe is interested include (but do not exclude others):
- social integration
- gender issues
- public health
- regional development
- community empowerment
40 people are employed by the organization. At the same time it works with more than 200 volunteers. In addition, 37 000 children and around 5000 adults were included in various actovotoes of the organization during 2013. They are spread all over Bugaria covering all NUTS 2 regions in Bulgaria.
|No accredited persons|
Center Amalipe is a member of the National Network of Children - Bulgaria - the biggest network in Bulgaria defending children's rights.
Center Amalipe is member of the Bulgarian's Women Lobby - national member of the European Women's Lobby.
Center Amalipe is member of ENAR (European Network against Racism) - Bulgaria, EGAM and so on
Center Amalipe is member of TB Europe coalition engaged in the fight against TB in Europe and globally
01/2013 - 12/2013
< 9,999 €
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.