Federation of European Specialty Food Ingredients Industries
International non-profit association (aisbl)
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Avenue de Tervueren, 13A, Bte 7
Ms Maryse Hervé
Ms Maryse Hervé
The objectives of the Federation are:
1. To represent the mutual interests of the European specialty food ingredient Industry, principally in scientific, technological and regulatory matters.
2. To make representations to the European Commission and other relevant authorities on all aspects of current and proposed legislation affecting specialty food ingredients.
3. To establish continuing liaison with other relevant organisations having interests in specialty food ingredients and related matters.
4. To monitor upcoming issues affecting specialty food ingredients within the EU and to distribute relevant information to Members.
5. To encourage and support Members in increasing the awareness of food manufacturers and the public of the functions and safe use of specialty food ingredients.
6. To encourage inter-association co-operation while individual member associations remain responsible for their own sectors.
-The ELC participated in the consultations relating to the Fitness Check of the General Food Law
The ELC also monitors closely the following areas:
- Implementation of the Food Improvement Agents Package;
- Re-evaluation of food additives;
- Health and Nutrition Claims;
- Novel Foods;
- Definition of nanomaterials.
Market Access Working Group on (sanitary and phytosanitary measures) SPS Issues (SPS MAWG).
These four persons are working on a total basis equivalent to 1.75 Full Time Employee.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
|Caroline Brigitte Françoise||REY||03/07/2015||01/07/2016|
ELC's membership is composed of:
Associations: AMFEP, Biopolymer Int., CEFIC, the Danish Food and Agriculture Council, ECU, EFEMA, EFFCA, ELMA, EPA, EUTECA, FAIA, FEDERCHIMICA-Aispec, INEC, IPPA, ISA, NATCOL, Starch Europe and SYNPA.
Companies: BASF SE, Beneo Group, Budenheim KG, Cargill, Dupont, Dow Europe GmbH, Royal DSM, Gelita AG, Herbstreith & Fox KG, JRS, Jungbunzlauer, Kemin, Kerry Ingredients and Flavours, Roquette, Stepan Lipid Nutrition BV, Syral SAS and Tate & Lyle PLC.
and an Associated member: IFAC.
01/2014 - 12/2014
500,000 € - 599,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.