European Association for External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
(+49) 7221 3009890
Mr Ralf Pasker
Mr Ralf Pasker
The purpose and objective of the Association is the European wide promotion of the application of tested and well-approved External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS) on facades of new and existing buildings. ETICS improve the energy efficiency of buildings' envelopes significantly. In this way EAE's members contribute significantly to protect the environment, to save energy, to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to increase the living comfort. Furthermore thermal insulation of the building stock will help driving Europe's economy and create jobs. EAE also takes care of the whole life-cycle of thermal insulation systems.
At European level the Association follows these objectives:
1. Active support and involvement in the processes of European standardization, harmonization and legislation as well as the general representation of the interests of European ETICS manufacturers at institutions of the European Union.
2. Improvement and further development of European harmonized quality criteria for ETICS both at European and national level.
3. Contribution of all national and sector member associations and their member companies to ensure safe and sustainable long-term use of ETICS.
4. Common promotion of the benefits resulting from the use of ETICS e.g. regarding ecological, economoical, sustainable and architectural issues.
5. Common research and testing in order to further stimulate the technical and ecological development of ETICS.
6. European networking to improve the know-how and share the positive long-term experiences with ETICS.
The EAE in particular endeavours to co-operate with relevant stakeholders at European level e.g. in committees of standardization bodies or assessment bodies, trade associations.
EAE follows the mainly the following EU policies:
- Climate Change Policy
- A New Boost for Jobs, Growth and Investment
- A Deeper and Fairer Economic and Monetary Union
1. Speech at CEN Construction Sector Network Conference 2014 about European standardization of ETICS and the need for an European common market for construction products.
2. Direct contact to the European Commission and EOTA in order to establish European harmonized large-scale fire-tests for facade systems.
3. 3rd European ETICS Forum 2015 on 12 October 2015.
1. Active involvement in EC consultations regarding Delegated Acts related to the Construction Products Regulation, both by participation in plenary or bilateral consultations and written comments.
2. Involvement in written consultations via our membership in Construction Products Europe by active participation in relevant working groups.
3. Active participation of the standardisation process of ETICS, including a consultation with DG ENTR, EOTA and CEN about the scope of the mandate. Speech about standardization of ETICS at the CEN Construction Sector Network Conference 2014.
4. Participation at EOTA Technical Stakeholder Advisory Group.
|No accredited persons|
The EAE currently represents 11 national ETICS associations (ordinary members), 5 European sector associations representing important supplies for the ETICS industry, and 6 supporting company members and research instituts. An permanently updated list is available on our website: http://www.ea-etics.eu/views/association/members/index.html (ordinary members) and http://www.ea-etics.eu/views/association/extraordinary-members/index.html (estraordinary members).
The EAE is an extra-ordinary member of Construction Products Europe (CPE), a member of The European Council for Construction Research, Development and Innovation (ECCREDI) and a Build-Up partner. Furthermore the EAE has liaison with CEN/TC88, actively supports the work of CEN/TC88/WG18 and its Task Groups and in close contact with EOTA regarding ETICS. Furthermore EAE is in contact with Euro WinDoor, the European Association for windows and doors to commonly support energetic improvements of external walls, including openings.
01/2014 - 12/2014
10,000 € - 24,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.