Fair Trade Advocacy Office
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Rue Fernand Bernierstraat, 15 Village Partenaire
Mr Sergi Corbalan
Mr Sergi Corbalan
The Fair Trade Advocacy Office (FTAO) speaks out on behalf of the Fair Trade movement for Fair Trade and Trade Justice with the aim to improve the livelihoods of marginalised producers and workers in the South.
The FTAO is a joint initiative of Fairtrade International, the World Fair Trade Organization-Global and the World Fair Trade Organization-Europe. Through these three networks the FTAO represents an estimate of 2.5 million Fair Trade producers and workers from 70 countries, 24 labelling initiatives, over 500 specialised Fair Trade importers, 4,000 World Shops and more than 100,000 volunteers.
EU trade policies, EU development aid policies, EU agricultural policies, EU environmental policies, EU competion and internal market policies.
- European strategy for Fair Trade
- Power in supply chains campaign
- High Level Group on the Better Functioning Food Supply Chain
- Domestic advisory groups on trade and sustainable development of the EU free trade agreement with Colombia and Peru as well as under the EU-Central America Association Agreement
- Consultive Committee on the implementation of the Economic Partnership Agreement between the EU and the Caribbean countries (CARIFORUM)
- Advisory Group on Organic Farming
- CAP - International Aspects of Agriculture
- Trade Civil Society Dialogue
- Policy Forum on Development
The FTAO follows EU policies and initiatives that have an impact on International trade, in particular on thte livelihoods of marginalised producers and workers in the South. This include EU trade, development, environment, agriculture, internal market policies.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
o Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International: www.fairtrade.net
o World Fair Trade Organisation- Europe: www.wfto-europe.org
o World Fair Trade Organization: www.wfto.com
FTAO is at present not a member of any formal association/ federation or confederation.
FTAO works closely with other NGOs and wider civil society loose networks related to the issue. This for example could be with Trade Unions, Cooperatives, ISEAL and NGOs working on trade and development issues. FTAO also closely works with local authorities committed to Fair Trade.
01/2015 - 12/2015
400,000 € - 499,999 €
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.