Identification number in the register: 34424201320-69
The information on this entity was last modified on: 07/03/2014 19:31:40
This entry follows the format of the previous Register. It will be changed to the new format when the entity makes the next update.
Registration date: 09/03/2009 09:42:50
The date of the last annual update was: 07/03/2014 19:31:40
Next update due latest on: 27/04/2015
The information on this entity was last modified on: 07/03/2014 19:31:40
Accenture International SARL
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/professional associations
Companies & groups
Avenue J-F Kennedy, 46A
For Accenture's fiscal year 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013, the relevant year for the purposes of this register, Accenture International SARL was ultimately owned and controlled by Accenture PLC, an Irish company listed on the NYSE
Accenture’s European Government Relations Office is responsible for Accenture’s interest representation activities before the EU Institutions. Accenture’s European Government Relations Office is located in Accenture’s Brussels Office the contact details of which are: Boulevard de Waterloo 16, B-1000 Brussels (Tel.: +32-2-2267211).
Mr Jo Deblaere
Chief Operating Officer
Ms Barbara Wynne
Director, EU Government Relations
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance business and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$28.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2013.
Our "high performance business" strategy builds on our expertise in consulting, technology and outsourcing to help clients perform at the highest levels so they can create sustainable value for their customers and shareholders. Using our industry knowledge, service-offering expertise and technology capabilities, we identify new business and technology trends and develop solutions to help clients around the world:
• Enter new markets
• Increase revenues in existing markets
• Improve operational performance.
• Deliver their products and services more effectively and efficiently.
Accenture engages in a wide variety of interest representation activities with the European Institutions and on a wide range of legislative and policy areas, the main ones in the fiscal year from 1 September 2011 to 31 August 2012 being:
- A Digital Agenda for Europe;
- A Resource Efficient Europe;
- EU Energy Policy including the European Biofuels Technology Platform and Standardization Mandate M490 to European Standardization Organisations (ESOs) to Support European Smart Grid Deployment;
- EU Climate Action Policy;
- EU Development Policy;
- Innovation Union;
- Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Single Market Act II, Together for New Growth, COM (2011)573 final;
- Directive 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency, amending Directives 2009/125/EC and 2010/30/EU;
- Directive 2009/43/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 6 May 2009 on terms and conditions of transfers of defence-related products within the Community;
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: Towards a job-rich recovery COM (2012) 173 final;
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on public procurement COM(2011) 0896 final; - Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on conditions of entry and residence of third country nationals in the framework of an intra-corporate transfer COM(2010)378 final;
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on specific requirements regarding statutory audit of public-interest entities COM (2011)779 final;
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 2006/43/EC on statutory audits of annual accounts and consolidated accounts COM (2011)778 final;
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 2013/34/EU as regards disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large undertakings and groups
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions:Unleashing the Potential of Cloud Computing in Europe COM(2012) 529 final;
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions:A growth package for integrated European infrastructures COM(2011)676 final;
- EU Smart Borders Package: Proposal for a Regulation establishing Registered Traveller Programme COM(2013)96 final; and Proposal for a Regulation establishing an Entry/Exit System COM(2013)95 final
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processin of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) COM(2012)11 final;
A small number of Accenture’s employees are signatories to the Code of Conduct of the Society of European Affairs Professionals.
This figure has been calculated on the basis of staff time (calculated pro rata temporis) devoted to activities falling under the scope of the register and expressed in number of persons per year, in accordance with the Transparency Register Guidelines. The figure has been rounded up to the neareast full person.
|No accredited persons|
Accenture is a member of a number of associations, groups, networks and think-tanks, or other similar organizations in Europe and around the world.
For the purposes of this registration, Accenture is providing the names of the associations, groups, networks and think-tanks it was a member of in the fiscal year 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013, and for whom a substantial or significant part of their activities are focused on influencing the policy formulation and decision making processes of the European Institutions:
- Ad Hoc Council
- American Chamber of Commerce to the EU
- British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Centre for Information Policy Leadership
- CEN-CENELEC-ETSI Smart Grids Coordination Group
- European Biofuels Technology Platform
- European Academy for Business in Society
- European Centre for Women in Technology
- European Privacy Officers Forum
- European Smart Metering Industry Group (ESMIG)
- Lisbon Council and European Centre for Government Transformation
- Select Industry Group on Cloud Computing
- Society of European Affairs Professionals
- Smart Cities Stakeholder Platform
- Transatlantic Business Dialogue (TABD)
The financial information provided in this registration relates to fiscal year 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013 and includes the membership and any other fees Accenture paid to the above organizations in that year, which are not registered in the Transparency Register, in accordance with Transparency Register Guidelines.
09/2012 - 08/2013
1,000,000 € - 1,250,000 €
1.The financial information provided on interest representation is in respect of Accenture’s fiscal year from 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013.
The financial information provided relates to the costs Accenture incurred for the fiscal year 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013 in relation to relevant “interest representation” activities Accenture carried out either directly or via, for example, trade associations, think-tanks, chambers of commerce or professional lobbyists.
The financial information provided has been calculated on the basis of Accenture’s records for the fiscal year from 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013 for the costs it incurred in relation to relevant “interest representation” activities.
The financial information provided is not based on or compatible with formal audit or fiscal reporting obligations.
2. The financial data provided by Accenture on the contracts (procurement) and grants awarded by EU institutions, bodies and agencies to Accenture, is based on the latest publicly available information (including that of the EU Financial Transparency System http://ec.europa.eu/beneficiaries/fts/index_en.htm)
It covers contracts awarded by the following EU institutions, bodies and agencies to Accenture and/or consortia or cooperation partnerships, of which Accenture was a member:
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- European Medicines Agency
It should be noted that:
- This information is for calendar year 2012. This information will be updated when the publicly available information has been updated by the relevant EU institutions, bodies and agencies for calendar year 2013, including on the EU Financial Transparency System.
- The procurement amount provided includes contracts awarded to Accenture and/or consortia or cooperation partners and therefore exceeds the actual amount received by Accenture.
- The procurement amount is rounded up to the nearest euro.
- Accenture has not compared this information with what is included in any of its otherwise publicly available financial information.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.