Water supply and sanitation Technology Platform
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Avenue Edmond van Nieuwenhuyse, 6
Mr Durk Krol
Mr Durk Krol
1)Improve coordination and collaboration in the water and allied sectors on RTD&I;
2)Enhance competitiveness of the European water and allied sectors;
3)Contribute to solving societal challenges through RTD&I
The mission and related goals of WssTP are to strengthen the competitiveness and the potential for:
1. Technological leadership by the European Water Industry.
2. Solving European water issues.
3. Addressing the challenges of an integrated and sustainable mangement of water ressources.
- Increased water stress and costs.
- Increasing urbanisation
- Rapid climate change
- Under-resourced rural areas
Participation in stakeholders consultations linked to water issues organized by the EC: stakehlders consultation for HORIZON2020 WP 2016-2017 (SC2,3,5, KET-FET, LEIT- NMBP, LEIT-ICT)
Position Paper on:
WssTP response to report “Outriders for European Competetiveness”
Main priorities for water under the Juncker Commission 2014-2019;
Following and monitoring the development of EC DG ENVIRONEMENT action on water reuse;
EIP Water Steering Group
- Identify future research needs and future
challenges from Fundamental Research to Implementation
- Deliver research strategic vision and produce
evidence based reports on water research.
- Set up and provide outcomes to European
Research Programmes for the water sector.
- Contribute to the implementation of the
Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) by defining and
managing the Pilot Programmes activities.
- Work with national government through the
Mirror State Members Group (MSMG).
- Benefit from a strong network with different
stakeholders working in the water sector.
- Attend the WssTP events: stakeholders event,
- Get water research targeted information from
our monthly internal and external newsletters
100%: 2 25%: 1
WssTP counts 2 persons benefiting from an access pass to the European Parliament's premises
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
The WssTP is a growing organisation
serving a challenging mission which
aims to develop collaboration
between the different stakeholders
working in the water sector.
WssTP cooperates with SPIRE, K4I, other ETPs and trade associations.
WssTP counts currently more than 20 strategic partenrs belogning to the European Water Sector. http://wsstp.eu/communities/partners/
01/2015 - 12/2015
25,000 € - 49,999 €
FP7 and LIFE+ ; founding authority: European Commission
Budget and finances are accessible upon request
WssTP delivered its financial estate every year during its General Assembly
The budget and finances are controlled by an external accountant and the treasurer belongs to a member of WssTP.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.