|Goals / remit of the organisation:
||Baxter manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
Baxter employs about 47,600 employees.
One of Baxter's competitive strengths is its diverse technological expertise and commitment to scientific innovation. The company's unique combination of capabilities in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, including specialty biologics, sets it apart from other companies in the healthcare industry.
• Baxter interacts with the EU Institutions on the legislation which has an impact on the healthcare industry through its participation in debates and public consultations
• Ensure equal access to treatment and innovative medicines to patients
• Apply innovative science to develop specialty therapeutics and medical products that save and sustain patients’ lives
• Improve conditions for prevention, treatment and care to address unmet needs
• Raise awareness and support the voice of patients suffering from chronic and life threatening diseases
• Support policy development aiming at improving regulatory processes for the healthcare sector and the competitiveness of research and industry