ΕΘΝΙΚΟ ΚΕΝΤΡΟ ΒΙΩΣΙΜΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΑΕΙΦΟΡΟΥ ΑΝΑΠΤΥΞΗΣ
National Center for Sustainable Development
Legal Entity of Private Law
IV - Think tanks, research and academic institutions
Think tanks and research institutions
Spirou Loui str., 1
Entrance C, Olympic village
Mr Nikolaos Nikolaou
Ms Irene Zananiri
Legal Entity Appointed Representative
The National Center of Sustainable Development:
1. Acts as the National Geological Service, whose aim is identification - recording and eventually knowledge of the basic geological structure of the country, by mapping, geochemistry, geophysics, remote sensing, geoscientific databases etc.
2. Offers advice regarding control and operation of mines, management of geothermal fields and mineral natural resources such as Authorization of bottled water.
3.Identifies and assesses the mineral resources ( deposits - rocks) of the country.
4. Contributes to the identification and rational management of water resources of the country through implementation of hydrogeological studies and projects.
5. Investigates, identifies, examines, evaluates and assists in the exploitation of domestic geothermal fields and more generally of energy raw materials.
6. Conducts studies to solve geotechnical problems and cope with natural hazards (eg landslides, earthquakes), and the proper management of the environment to ensure sustainable development.
7. Active in the ore processing technology sector and the techno-economic assessment of rocks and minerals.
8. Acts as an advisor to the Government for environmental issues related with international environmental conventions
FP7, H2020, INSPIRE, European Geological Data Infrastructures, Marine Strategy Framework Directive
EMODnet-Geology 2, OneGeology, Minerals4EU, PanGeo, EURARE, Geo-Seas, InGeoCloudS
The National Center for Sustainable Development supports transparency by publishing all its activities through the governmental site http://www.diavgeia.gov.gr as imposed by the National laws.
Appointed representatives in EuroGeoSurveys Expert Groups etc.
|No accredited persons|
International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS)
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9,999 €
Data from the preliminary 2014 Financial Report. Costs have not been accounted for yet.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code: