Limited company registered in England
IV - Think tanks, research and academic institutions
Think tanks and research institutions
73 Hillside Road
Ashtead, Surrey KT21 1SD
36 boulevard Bischoffsheim
Mr Graham Taylor
Ms Diana Cocoru
Head of Policy and research
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is a not-for-profit industry organization which was originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments. OFE's role has since evolved and its primary role now is to promote the use of open standards in ICT as a means of achieving full openness and interoperability of computer systems throughout Europe. It continues to promote open source software, as well as openness more generally as part of a vision to facilitate open, competitive choice for IT users. In support of this vision, it develops the thinking in five main policy areas: standardisation, public procurement, cloud computing, intellectual property and cybersecurity.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the main topics followed by OFE in 2015 :
- Digital Single Market Strategy;
- European Cloud Computing Strategy ;
- European Multi Stakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation ;
- e-Government Action Plan;
- 'Connected Continent' Telecom Market Package ;
- Review of the EU copyright rules ;
- Review of Europe’s Standardisation System ;
- Digital Agenda Action 23: Provide guidance on ICT standardisation and public procurement ;
- Revision of public procurement directive 2004/17/EC.
- NIS and the NIS Platform;
European Multi Stakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation
To raise awareness of Governments, Public Sector, Businesses, Consumers, and other Official Bodies of the European benefits of open standards and open source, as well as openness in ICT.
100%: 2 25%: 4
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
04/2014 - 03/2015
100,000 € - 199,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.