Irish Public Limited Company
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
1 Grand Canal Square Grand Canal Harbour
Boulevard de Waterloo 16
Mr Jo Deblaere
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Executive Europe
Ms Barbara Wynne
Director, EU Government Relations
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
The main EU initiatives, policies and legislative files followed by Accenture within the fiscal year from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015 were:
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (COM (2012) 11 final)
- Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning measures to ensure a high common level of network and information security across the Union (COM(2013) 48 final)
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions - A Digital Single Market Strategy for Europe- COM (2015) 192 final
- The Digital Economy and Society Index (DESI)
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions - Closing the loop - An EU action plan for the Circular Economy - COM/2015/0614 final
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions - Action Plan on Building a Capital Markets Union- COM(2015) 468 final
- EU Smart Borders Package: Proposal for a Regulation establishing Registered Traveller Programme (COM (2013) 96 final); and Proposal for a Regulation establishing an Entry/Exit System (EES) (COM (2013) 95 final).
- Public Sector Innovation under European Capital of Innovation Awards.
The main relevant activities conducted by Accenture within the fiscal year 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015 were:
- Strategic Partner on the European Business Summit (EBS) 2015, including development of the report for the EBS - Europe 4.0: Delivering a Vision for the Future of Europe, May 2015.
- Co-Partner on the European Centre for Government Transformation, with The Lisbon Council and the College of Europe, with research and roundtables/events on the following themes :
• European Summit for Government Transformation, November 2014;
• College of Europe Student Case Studies Awards ceremony, April 2015;
• Employment and Skills Roundtable, April 2015;
- European Commission Expert Group on “Public Sector Innovation”
- European Commission Cloud Select Industry Groups
This figure has been calculated on the basis of all staff time (calculated pro rata temporis) devoted to activities falling under the scope of the register from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015 and expressed in number of persons per year. The figure has been rounded up to the neareast full person.
|No accredited persons|
For the purposes of the register, Accenture is providing the list of associations, groups, networks and think-tanks of which it was a member in the fiscal year 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015, where a substantial or significant part of their activities are focused on influencing the policy formulation and decision making processes of the European Institutions:
- American Chamber of Commerce to the EU
- Ad Hoc Council
- British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Centre for Information Policy Leadership
- European Centre for Government Transformation
- European Digital Forum
- Lisbon Council
- Society of European Affairs Professionals
09/2014 - 08/2015
900,000 € - 999,999 €
COM: Multiple contracts ec.europa.eu/budget/fts/index_en.htm; EP:ITS08 (lot 5); EMA/2010/39/DV; euLISA:HOME-C2-2011-03 & LISA/2014/RP/02; ECB 14159/IS/2010 & XML Data Integration Solution
1. The financial information provided is based on records for Accenture’s fiscal year from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015 and covers activities carried out either directly by Accenture or via, for example, trade associations, think-tanks, chambers of commerce or professional lobbyists. The financial information provided is not based on or compatible with formal audit or fiscal reporting obligations.
2. The financial data provided by Accenture on the contracts (procurement) and grants awarded by EU Institutions, bodies and agencies is based on the latest publicly available information (including that of the EU Financial Transparency System http://ec.europa.eu/beneficiaries/fts/index_en.htm).
It should be noted that:
- This information is for calendar year 2014, which is the latest publicly available information;
- The procurement amount provided includes contracts awarded to Accenture and/or consortia or cooperation partners and therefore exceeds the actual amount received by Accenture;
- Accenture has not compared this information with what is included in any of Accenture’s otherwise publicly available financial information.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
A small number of Accenture’s employees are signatories to the Code of Conduct of the Society of European Public Affairs Professionals.