IV - Think tanks, research and academic institutions
Think tanks and research institutions
Rue de la Science, 14
Ms Amanda Crowfoot
Ms Amanda Crowfoot
The Association has as non-profit purpose to:
Promote the collective interests of the research funding and research performing organisations of Europe. It supports its member organisations in their efforts to foster European research. It will strengthen the European research area through its direct engagement with key partners. In doing so, it will be informed by direct representation of scientific communities in its reflections on policies, priorities and strategies.
To this end, and provided that it is not contrary to the rules applicable to its members, the Association will conduct the following activities for the benefit of its members and, when appropriate, third parties, in accordance with all rules applicable in respect to the competition law:
• Support the work of its member organisations and promote co-operation between them at both the policy and activity level.
• Establish the scientific community as a third voice in the European research area, together with national governments and the European Commission.
• Act, with the interests and expert views of researchers as a guide, to maximize the input of the member organisations in the development of the European research area in conjunction with the European Commission.
• Survey the state of science in Europe, identify areas to be supported and gaps in current provision, consider the need for large and small infrastructure projects and encourage member organisations to act on the results of such surveys.
• Work with other European organisations to ensure that a broad based forum is established to inform discussions on the European research area and related policy matters.
• Provide a platform for dialogue with national ministers of research where appropriate to promote the collective interests of members.
• Co-operate with non-European research organisations.
• Deliver a coherent plan of action to ensure that publicly funded research and innovation in Europe has the maximum impact, contributing to the development of the economy and providing solutions to deliver societal benefit.
The Association may carry out all operations and conduct all activities, both in Belgium and abroad, which directly or indirectly increase or promote its purpose and its objectives.
The Association can accomplish all the acts related directly or indirectly to its purpose and in particular co-operate with and express its interest for any other association or organization within its areas of interest.
European Research Area
Science and Research Policy.
The Office currently comprises 16 staff.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
ERA-Partnership, which includes: European Commission, LERU, EUA, EARTO, CESAER and NordForsk.
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.