EVO the Dutch Shippers's organization
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
P.O. box: 350
Zoetermeer 2700 AJ
Mr Machiel van der Kuijl
Mr Godfried Smit
International Policy Director
EVO represents the interests of some 20,000 companies in The Netherlands that transport goods for their own account or contract this out to a professional transport company. They come from all sectors of industry, including wholesale, retail, construction, agricultural and business services.
Our members are users of freight services across all modes of transport: deep sea shipping, short sea shipping, air transport, road transport, rail and inland waterways. They operate both within Europe and overseas.
EVO brings the views of member companies to the notice of political decision-makers and public authorities not only at regional level, but also in the Hague and Brussels. We also convey our own and our members' views to carriers in all modes of transport, both directly and through their organisations.
EVO is an international level member of European Shippers’ Council (ESC), International Road Transport Union (IRU), Union of Industrial and Employers Confederations in Europe, (UNICE) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Admission tot the transport marktet and admission to the profession at the EP (roadtransport);
- CO2-emissions in ocean freight bij DG Environment;
- Participant in the exercise for bottlenecks in freight logistics and the meeting about the bottlenecks (DG TREN);
- Participation in the Trade Contact Group (DG TAXUD);
- Review of Consortia Regulation (maritime transport/DG Competition);
- Transport crime (EP);
- Security (anti-terrorisme maatregelen):
- Participation in the Air Cargo Working Group on behalf of the ESC (DG TREN);
- Participation in the CEN working group for security standards.
-Neutral host of Green Freight Europe (GFE
- Coordinator of CORE
- disssmination partner of iCargo
|No accredited persons|
ESC European Shippers' Council
GSA Global Shippers' Alliance
ASA Asian Shippers' Alliance
AAEI American Association of Exporters and Importers
IRU International Road Transport Union
ICC International Chamber of Commerce
European Logistics Platform
01/2014 - 12/2014
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
BVPA (Dutch organization for PA professionals)