Hyundai Motor Company Brussels Office
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Rue de la Loi, 227
(+0032) 2 205 03 60
Mr Seung Kyu SHIN
Chief executive coordinator
Mr Markus Ring
The Hyundai Motor Company (HMC) is a division of the Hyundai Motor Group.
The Hyundai Motor Group's presence in Europe consists of:
1. Hyundai Motor Europe (HME) in Offenbach, Germany, which coordinates all marketing, sales and after-sales activities of the Hyundai Motor Company’s subsidiaries across the EU;
2. Kia Motors Europe (KME) in Frankfurt, Germany, which coordinates all marketing, sales and after-sales activities of the Kia Motor Company’s subsidiaries across the EU;
3. Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center (HMETC) in Rüsselsheim, Germany, our Engineering Center, which handles design and European R&D for Hyundai and Kia;
4. 28 Hyundai and Kia national operation centres spread all over Europe;
5. Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech (HMMC) in Nosovice, Czech Republic. This €1.1 billion manufacturing plant produces & imports Hyundai products for the EU market;
6. Kia Motors Slovakia in Žilina, Slovak Republic, which produces and imports Kia products for the EU market;
7. Hyundai Motor Company Brussels Office (HMCBO).
The role of the Hyundai Motor Company Brussels Office (HMCB) is to:
- Anticipate, monitor and analyse EU policy developments that are relevant to the automotive industry;
- Inform relevant departments within the group and support subsequent amendments to company products or practices;
- Provide input, where necessary and appropriate, to EU decision-makers through policy statements and responses to public consultations or impact assessments;
- Represent the company and its interests in relevant EU forums;
- Develop a corporate function for the Hyundai Motor Group in Europe.
Transport, environment, trade, energy, industry policy.
Kangaroo Group (through our membership of ACEA)
50%: 3 25%: 2
Markus Ring - Executive Representative
David Spence - Senior Manager
Madeleine Koskull - Manager
Seung Kyu Shin - Chief coordinator
Seungil Kim - Executive coordinator
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Hyundai is a member of:
- the European Automobile Manufacturers Association
- the European Council for Automotive R&D
- CSR Europe
- the Centre for European Policy Studies
01/2014 - 12/2014
600,000 € - 699,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
All Brussels Office staff members who engage in activities covered under the scope of the Transparency Register have signed and comply with the SEAP Code of Conduct.