Company Limited by Guarantee (not for profit)
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Regent's Wharf All Saints Street, 8
London N1 9RL
(+44) 20 7014 4621
Mr Stephen Barnett
Chief Executive Officer
Ms Luisa De Amicis
Deputy CEO & Director of programmes
Euclid Network is the European network of civil society professionals.
Established in 2007 as a joint venture between ACEVO (UK), CJDES (France) and Ideell Arena (Sweden), Euclid Network connects 5000 members and contacts from 31 countries from across Europe for a more innovative, professional and sustainable European civil society.
Euclid Network has a strong track record of networking, peer learning and policy impact in the civil society and social enterprise arenas. EN has delivered a range of European programmes in the fields of civil society capacity-building, social entrepreneurship, social innovation and responsible research & innovation.
Civil society and social enterprise, empowered to drive positive change
Working with members and partners across Europe and beyond, we:
Create connections between civil society and social enterprise leaders
Share and produce leadership, professional and entrepreneurial knowhow
Influence European policy and funding and strengthen members’ EU engagement
Raise the visibility and understanding of civil society and social enterprise in business, academia, government and the wider society
Together with members and partners, we value:
Openness to collaboration across borders, sectors and generations
Inspirational leadership and collective endeavour
Innovation and entrepreneurialism for social impact
Accountability to members, funders and citizens
- Enlargement and Neighbouring policy and instruments (IPA), EuropAid (through our SEED-EuroMed project)
- Research and Innovation: Horizon 2020 (RRI/Health, RRI/ICT, Web entrepreneurship)
- Education and Learning: Erasmus +
- Executive Agency for SMEs - COSME Programme: Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (Euclid is an Intermediary organisation)
- Enterprise and Industry: Social Innovation Europe project, social policies
- Regional policy: Cohesion and structural funds
- DG COMM’s structural dialogue group
- DG Regio’s structural dialogue group
Our principal activities in 2013-14 financial year were spread across 4 themes: social innovation; social entrepreneurship; research & development and leadership.
Social Innovation in Europe
- The European Social Innovation Competition has grown from a pilot competition undertaken at the initiative of Euclid Network in 2011. Its focus was on raising awareness of innovative initiatives to tackle unemployment, especially youth unemployment, across Europe. EN was a driving force in the delivery of the competition, from the launch event, through the call for entries, to the evaluation and the delivery of a Social Academy for the 30 semi-finalists.
- Social Innovation Europe is an official European Commission website run by a partnership of Euclid Network and Social Innovation Exchange (SIX). Euclid animated and managed this interactive web-based networking and resource "hub" which includes an underlying searchable database.
Social entrepreneurship in Europe
- Euclid Network is in its fifth year of leading a Europe-wide consortium (Social Entrepreneur Exchange & Development) which facilitates placements of new/emerging social entrepreneurs with experienced social entrepreneurs, funded by the European Commission. In 2013-14 the consortium helped to organise 45 matches.
- Erasmus MED is a new project that was launched in February 2014 and aims to expand opportunities for exchanges among social entrepreneurs to the Mediterranean countries.
Civil society engagement in research & development
- “Civil Society Organisations in Designing Research Governance” (CONSIDER) is a European project, which aims to develop guidelines for a stronger engagement of civil society organisations in research & development. The project prepared a series of case studies of EU FP7 research projects to identify those involving CSOs so as to better understand barriers and enabling factors in CSO engagement. Euclid Network organised several workshops to present the ongoing work and raised awareness of the project through its Europe-wide network.
- Responsible Industry is a new project launched in February 2014 and aims to investigate civil society engagement in research & development in the area of ICT for ageing, health and well-being.
Leadership in civil society
Further, Euclid Network works together with national government and international institutions in order to have social innovation and social enterprise at the core of the European agenda. During the last year, Euclid contributed to consultation launched at European and national level, as well as Expert groups and the European Commission’s Structured Dialogue group, through which civil society organisations make recommendations to the European Commission. Euclid also responded to the Balance of Competence Review, promoted by the UK Government.
Euclid Network runs a number of communication and dissemination activities including, the e-newsletter, website, google groups, Euclid Network TV. Euclid Network is also very active on social media and with journalists at local, national and international level.
100%: 5 50%: 3 25%: 3
5 permanent and 6 part-time.
|No accredited persons|
Active European Citizenship Group
The Active European Citizenship Group, set up by DG Education and Culture, is the main tool by which the EC structure its diallgue with NGOs participating in the Europe for Citizens Programme.
Council of Europe
EN has been granted participatory status with the Council of Europe.
Civil Society Groups
Bond is the UK membership body for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in international development.
Bond - European Neighbourhood Working Group
EN is on the steering group for the BOND ENWG - a group of NGOs that have a strategic interest in civil society in the region
Through BOND, EN is a member of CONCORD, the European NGO Confederation for Relief and Development.
Euclid Network is a member of the Anna Lindh Foundation
European Citizen Action Service (ECAS)
Euclid Network is a member of ECAS
03/2013 - 03/2014
< 9,999 €
FP7, Europe for Citizens, Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.