Irish Funds Industry Association Ltd
Company Limited by Guarantee
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Block A, 10th Floor George's Quay Plaza George's Quay
Mr Pat Lardner
Mr Pat Lardner
Founded in 1991, the objective of the Irish Funds Industry Association is to support and complement the development of the funds industry in Ireland.
The Association represents investment fund managers/promoters, custodian banks, administrators, transfer agents and professional advisory firms involved in the international fund services industry in Ireland.
IFIA supports and complements the development of the industry through:
• Active and thoughtful engagement on policy and regulatory developments domestically and at EU level and globally, backed by the analysis and input from our 35 working groups.
• Working with the authorities in Ireland to ensure that the environment and infrastructure are supportive of the growth of our industry
• Developing industry policy and guidance papers to ensure high standards
• Designing and supporting the delivery of industry specific training programmes and seminars which support the professional and technical excellence of those working in the industry.
• A global programme of promotional activity.
The IFIA vigorously pursues the goals of enhancing and promoting Ireland as the location of choice for the domiciling and administration of investment funds.
The IFIA follows and communicates those initiatives, policies and files which impact the establishment, operation and competitiveness of regulated cross-border investment funds and the activities of its members in supporting this important link in the creation of savings and the funding of the economy. The following are a sample of the topics/files being followed by the Association
• Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (“UCITS”) Directives
• Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive
• Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Money Market Funds
• Accounting Directive
• Audit Directive
• 4th Anti Money Laundering Directive
• MiFID II and MiFIR
• Financial Transaction Tax: proposal for a directive in enhanced-cooperation
• Capital Markets Union
100%: 0 25%: 4
|No accredited persons|
European Fund and Asset Management Association (http://www.efama.org/SitePages/Home.aspx)
International Investment Funds Association (http://www.iifa.ca/)
01/2014 - 12/2014
300,000 € - 399,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
IFIA is a not for profit organisation that is member funded.
The amount of estimated costs provided above includes 75.7% of IFIA's membership fee to EFAMA as per the calculation provided by EFAMA.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.