Association of the European Self-Medication Industry
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
avenue de Tervuren, 7
(+32) 2 735 51 30
Mr Roger Scarlett-Smith
Mr Hubertus Cranz
AESGP represents the manufacturers of non-prescription medicines, food supplements and self-care medical devices in Europe.
The mission of AESGP is to ensure a sustainable positive climate for self-care.
The key objectives of AESGP are:
- to establish the most comprehensive data and knowledge base on self-care related issues in Europe
- to keep membership fully informed on important European and worldwide developments in the area of non-prescription medicines, food supplements and self-care medical devices
- to ensure that self-care is considered to play a valuable role in healthcare as a positive and cost effective contributor to the health and well-being of Europe’s citizens
- to establish a positive image and reputation of the self-care industry, amongst its partners and the community at large, as a reliable and trustworthy provider of self-care solutions
- to achieve the adoption and implementation of a balanced and proportionate regulatory and economic framework that facilitates innovation and rapid market access for self-care products in a consistent way across Europe.
Activities in the areas of pharmaceutical/food supplements/medical devices legislation and regulation and health policy
Organisation of Annual Meetings
Publications on topics relevant for the association
Further details available at: www.aesgp.eu
Health Policy Forum
Stakeholder Consultative Platform of the European Food Safety Authority
EUnetHTA Stakeholder Forum
eHealth Stakeholder Group
Advisory Group on the Food Chain, Animal and Plant Health
Corporate responsibility in the pharmaceutical industry
The Borderline and Classification Medical Devices Expert Group
The Medical Devices Expert Group
The Clinical Investigation and Evaluation Working Group
The Vigilance Medical Devices Expert Group
The Eudamed Working Group
The New and Emerging Technologies Working Group
The Unique Device Identification (UDI) Working Group
The Software Working Group
75%: 2 50%: 3 25%: 1
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
AESGP represents its members in the World Self-Medication Industry (WSMI), which represents the views of the self-care industry on a worldwide level and enjoys non-governmental status with the World Health Organization.
AESGP is in contact with all relevant organisations in its area of activity.
01/2014 - 12/2014
100,000 € - 199,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.