Public Limited Company
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Holmens Kanal, 2-12
(+45)33 44 00 00
Mr Borgen Thomas
Chief Executive Officer
Mr Mårten Wierup
International & European Affairs Manager
Danske Bank Group is a Nordic universal bank and one of the leading financial enterprises in northern Europe. We are headquartered in Denmark and operate in 15 countries, offering a full range of banking services in the international financial markets.
Besides the banking activities, which all operate under the Danske Bank brand name, we offer services in the fields of life insurance and pensions (Danica Pension), mortgage finance (Realkredit Danmark), asset management (Danske Capital), real estate (home), and leasing (Nordania Leasing).
The Group’s banking activities are organised in three business units – Personal Banking, Business Banking and Corporates & Institutions – that span all of the Group’s geographical markets. We have a market-leading position in Denmark; we are one of the largest banks in Northern Ireland and Finland; and we have challenger positions in Sweden and Norway. We are present in Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
Our vision is to become the most trusted financial partner, and we are driven by an ambition to always create long-term value for all our stakeholders.
EU's growth agenda with a particular focus on the Capital Markets Union.
Most ongoing financial services files with a particular focus on:
- Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) and Bank Recovery and Resolution (BRRD) review,
- Banking structural reform regulation,
- Payments package (PSD2),
- Implementation work related to the Banking Union and delegated and implementing acts related to the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive + Deposit Guarantee Scheme Directive and the Capital Requirements Regulation/Directive.
- Review of the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs),
- Call for evidence follow up
Digital agenda such as the Data Protection Regulation, Cyber Security workstreams and Retail Financial Services Green Paper.
No such ongoing projects.
Since summer 2016, Danske Bank has one representative, Kasper Sylvest-Olsen, in the Commission's expert group on Payments, the so called Payment Systems Market Expert Group (PSMEG).
Danske Bank is a member of the European Parliament Financial Services Forum (EPFSF): http://www.epfsf.org/
Subject matters with direct impact on Danske Bank as a cross-border financial services group, i.e. financial services and internal market issues.
One person employed responsible for EU and International affairs as well as for coordination of our public/regulatory affairs work in core markets.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Danske Bank is a member of a number of industry associations and professional organizations. The most relevant for the purposes of this interest register are:
• Finansrådet (the Danish Bankers’ Assocation), which is a member of the European Banking Federation
• Realkreditforeningen (the Danish Association of Mortgage Banks), which is a member of the European Mortgage Federation
• Forsikring & Pension (the Danish Insurance Association), which is a member of the European insurance and reinsurance federation
• International Institute of Finance
• Association for Financial Markets in Europe
• European Venture Capital and Private Equity Association.
01/2015 - 12/2015
200,000 € - 299,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
The range above was estimated by including all costs, both direct and indirect, derived from Danske Bank's EU affairs work, the large bulk of which is focused on monitoring EU's regulatory work in the area of financial services. It includes: i) in-house operational expenses (staff and administrative costs), ii) representation costs (relevant travel expenses etc.), iii) costs of outsourced activities (monitoring by consultants) and iv) membership fees (relevant trade association membership fees - Bankers' Associations etc).
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.