Gdynia Cotton Association
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Gdynia PL 81-369
Ms Katarzyna Święcicka
Ms Katarzyna Święcicka
represents the interests of the members & the textile industry as such before the governmental authorities, European institutions and other organisations;
approach the authorities, European institutions and other organisations with initiatives in matters connected with the interest of textile sector;
acts as a cooperation and consultation forum in the scope of issues pertaining to turnover, processing, laboratory testing and settling disputes , considering cotton and other fibres as well as ready-made goods and semi-products made thereof.
actively participates in the process of creation and development of free-market economy and to support Polish entrepreneurs on the integrated EU market.
define and disseminate the principles of ethic and good practices in business;
initiate and support the activities for enterprise development in new organizational, technological and technical forms
promotes the development and improvement of turnover and processing of cotton and cotton-like raw materials promote development of the techniques and economics of the cotton and allied industries.
GCA especially supports the European industry development and for the jobs in the textile ad clothing industry in Europe and Poland. We are fighting against the unfair competition on the global market.
GCA represents the interests of the national textile and cotton sector before the European Commission , European Parliament and national authorities - presenting the opinions, taking part in the consultation concerning the European law, custom policy, international agreements in all cases and matters important for our members.
GCA main activities :
- representing interest of Polish textile industry towards the Polish Parliament, governmental administration, regional self-government & international organizations;
- support the interest of Polish and European textile & clothing manufacturers before the European Parliament & European Commission;
- promotion of the natural fibres - especially cotton – by licensing of trademarks Pure Cotton (domestic) and International Cotton Emblem (European)
- promoting the member companies and Polish and European textile industry;
- participation in public consultations organized by the European Commission concerning the matters important to the GCA & its members’ objectives and generally and to the textile & clothing sector;
- protecting competition and the fair trade practices in the global turnover;
- organisation of conferences, seminars and meetings.
100%: 2 25%: 2
|No accredited persons|
GCA is an active member of the following organisations and associations:
- EUROCOTON - Committee of the Cotton and Allied Textile Industries of the European Community (organisation represents the European manufacturers of cotton and allied textile industries);
- CICCA - Committee for the International Cooperation between Cotton Associations;
- IFCP- International Forum for Cotton Promotion ;
- ICAC -International Cotton Advisory Committe (Polish government is a member of the ICAC; GCA is designated the Coordinating Agency for all the branch subjects ;
- KIG (Polish Chamber of Commerce);
- Polish Technological Platform for Textile Industry
01/2016 - 12/2016
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.