MESO Music Events
non profit organization
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Mr Georges Perot
Mr Georges Perot
M.E.S.O. is a non-profit organization involved in the field of organization, planning and production of music events.
One of the major Goals is to support and develop European Music Day idea in Greece.
M.E.S.O. was established in 1998 with the support of the French and Hellenic ministries of Culture as a Greek national coordination office for the European Music Day Association, according to the status of the governing body, A.I.S.B.L. Fête Européenne de la Musique” (“N.P.O. European Music Day”) based in Brussels at Conseil de la Musique.
On June 21st 1999, Athens became a member of the European Music Day network taking the lead in organizing every year a truly huge set of events in more than 24 cities all over Greece.
The Greek organizing office stands loyal to the principal aims of the European Music Day idea: A calling and an invitation for all musical styles and performers to present live their skills, in public spaces, with totally free access for the public.
Since February 2009, M.E.S.O. Team is responsible for the Communication of “AISBL Fête Européenne de la Musique” / “N.P.O. Association of the European Music Day” (EMDA) on a European level. Since December 2010, the Managing Director of the Greek office has also the responsibility of the European network development (E.M.D.A. Network Development).
Over all, in its 14 year history, the European Music Day in Greece has presented over 3500 music bands and artists in over 2000 concerts and events with the participation of over one million viewers and attendants in open concert halls , central squares , streets and other locations.
Due to it exclusive responsibility to organize, coordinate and implement all events on a nationwide level, M.E.S.O. has also been listed in the ledgers of the Hellenic Cultural organizations of the Hellenic Culture and Tourism Ministry (since 2010).
On a national level, the network is on a constant growth (35 cities in 2011) achieving a 70% target reach of the Greek population and thus including on Horizontal and vertical levels, a wide representation of partners, from Public bodies and Institutions till Private organization and in general, the Music Industry.
On a European level, M.E.S.O. is part of major cultural networks and present (directly or indirectly) in European Programs connecting different aspects and professions of the Cultural Clusters (Education, Vocation, Training, Regeneration, Mobility, Promotion, Communication, Production, Touring ...)
For all above mentioned reasons, M.E.S.O is actively involved in different levels of preparation for various networks or projects development around the Creative Clusters, using the Music sector as a vehicle.
Creative Europe, European Citizens Initiative
Our scope is to create interrelated actions, synergies and economies of scale between different partners and complementary networks identifyed in quadruple helix approach, in order to create new coalitions as to support cultural, educational and business activities related to the CCI Sector to meet current markets needs.
Initiative’s main innovation is that it connects, creative artists with Vocational Educational & Training, Entrepreneurship, Academia and Stakeholders in order to strengthen EU Cultural sector capacities and facilitate access to global markets through new partnerships, exchange of know-how, control of piracy and increase international solidarity of every kind.
Aims and objectives
1. Create a European non-profit- organization to support any artistic, business and educational need in all CCI fields (horizontal and vertical sectors) :
The general aim of the organization is, an a non exhaustive way:
- to create a European cluster model for Cultural and Creative industries
- to develop a European Cultural Cluster ecosystem
- to generate innovating training paths and entrepreneurial solutions
- to produce appropriate mechanisms to map the wider cultural sector in Europe
- to connect partners and social actors in a think tank for cultural sector innovation and sustainable development, along with experts from the areas of cultural creativity, education, VET sector, entrepreneurship as well as EU, national and regional policy makers.
2. To this end the Organization shall:
- ensure close co-operation between its effective members and associate members, co-ordinate and assist their efforts with a view to reach their common objectives
- study issues of common concern to them
- ensure that information concerning national and international activities of the Association and its members, their ideas and experience, is distributed as widely as possible
- facilitate exchanges between members
- organize local, regional and national activities of an international character
- create a European common Matrix of events and a common virtual platform
- co-operate with European and international organizations
- represent its members and their common interests within European and international organizations and institutions,
3. The Organization aims to work and cooperate with all local, regional and national organizations or associations which work on similar or complementary aims to create and develop cluster models for Cultural and Creative Industries.
M.E.S.O is actively involved in different levels of projects, including research and innovative collaboration with different but complementary networks or projects.
The development is orientated around the Creative Clusters, using the Music sector as a vehicle (ie ENPI, LLLP Leonardo, LLLP Grundtvig).
Since February 2011, we participate in the Culture and Education Lifelong Learning Program for VET music Sector. Present in 2 programs: Leonardo Da vinci and Grundtvig
2 Internship and the Managing Director
|No accredited persons|
City of Lausanne(1),
Conseil de la Musique(1),
Celinka (kapa Assocation)(1),
Exhibition Road Cultural Group(1),
Das Bureau Fete de la Musique(1),
Festa della Musica(1),
Fest Europea Della Musica(1),
Palau de les Arts(1)
I.N.P.O. European Music Day Association (Brussels - Belgium)
Viva Europa Network (Seville - Spain)
Europavox network (Clermont-ferrand - France)
NPO EURICCA (Brussels)
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
M.E.S.O. works with the Hellenic Ministry of Interior and the Municipality of Athens on a annual project concerning the integration of disadvantage populations and Migrants through the Creative Industries. Funding and financial support is constantly under negotiation for new projects, ad hoc.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
I subscribed to the following Code of Conduct