International Biocontrol Manufacturers' Association
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Rue de Treves, 61
Mr Willem RAVENSBERG
Mr David CARY
IBMA is mandated with ensuring that a fair level of regulation is in place for biocontrol substances and products proportionate to the risks they pose to the environment and public health in all countries and regions in which IBMA members operate. IBMA is similarly mandated with promoting the biocontrol industry, the members and the products to food chain, government officials and key influencers.
IBMA aims to ensure that modern agriculture is practised using all available tools to produce quality produce with minimal impact on the health of all of the food chain and the environment.
IBMA and members encourage innovation and promotes this to the food chain, government bodies and key influencers.
- Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 for the EU authorisation of Low-risk Active Substances
- Sustainable Use Directive
- Exhibition ''Integrated Pest Management: Working with Nature'' together with our partners PAN Europe and IOBC.
- Position Paper on IBMA approach to revise procedures via the Review clause (Article 82) or alternative amendment of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 for the EU authorisation of Low-risk Active Substances and bringing Low-risk Products to the market in EU Member States. (available on our website).
- IBMA Copa Cogeca Roadmap
-EU Biopesticide Expert Working Group
-Criteria for Low-risk active substances
Promoting the uptake of IPM and Biocontrol in agriculture
Ensuring proportionate regulation for biocontrol active substances and products
75%: 1 25%: 1
Executive Committee Officers :
- President : Willem Ravensberg
- Vice President : Vittorio Veronelli
- Treasurer : Ralf-Udo Ehlers
- Executive Director : David Cary
- Microbial Group Head : Antoine Bonhomme
- Macrobial Group Head : Lieselot van der Veken
- Natural Products Group Head : David Bernad
- Semiochemicals Group Head : Cristina Alfaro
- National Associations Representative : Jean-Pierre Princen
- National Associations Representative : Martin Andermatt
Regulatory Affairs Consultant: Ulf Heilig
|No accredited persons|
IBMA are promoting the formation of a Global Federation of Biocontrol Manufacturer Associations and have a cooperation in place with BPIA and ANBP to achieve this in North America.
01/2013 - 12/2013
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
The major income of IBMA is from membership fees paid by members of the association based on turnover. The association has a charter of principles which members must adhere to.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.