Society of Audiovisual Authors
scrl (Belgian law)
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Rue du Prince Royal, 87
(+0032) 02 894 93 30
Ms Cécile Despringre
Ms Cécile Despringre
The Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA) is the grouping of Audiovisual Authors’ Collective Management Societies in Europe. Through its 25 members in 18 countries, it currently represents 120,000 screenwriters and directors of films, TV programmes and other audiovisual works. The organisation’s objectives are:
• To defend and strengthen the economic and moral rights of audiovisual authors (screenwriters and directors);
• To develop, promote and facilitate the management of rights by member societies;
• To secure fair remuneration for audiovisual authors for every use of their works.
SAA was established in 2010 because of a perceived need to strengthen the legal position of audiovisual authors (screenwriters and directors) and to lobby for a fair, transparent and harmonised system of remuneration for the digital use of films and other audiovisual programmes.
Copyright/authors’ rights and broader Intellectual Property Policy
SAA White Paper on Audiovisual Authors' rights and remuneration, published on 23 March 2015: http://www.saa-authors.eu/en/news/168/SAA-White-Paper-download;
SAA White Paper launch on 23 March 2015 at Solvay Library;
SAA, FERA and FSE Manifesto on Putting Authors back at the Heart of culture & copyright: http://www.saa-authors.eu/en/news/147/SAA-FERA--FSE----7-ways-to-put-authors-back-at-the-heart-of-culture--copyright
SAA drafted written contributions to the following consultations:
- European Commission consultation on Copyright, December 2013
- European Commission consultation on converged media, August 2013
- Collective Rights Management Directive, April 2014
- European Parliament resolution on private copying levies
- Participant in the Licences for Europe stakeholder dialogue, 2013
100%: 2 75%: 1 50%: 1
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Member organisations: http://www.saa-authors.eu/en/members/
SAA is not a member of any formal associations/(con)federations/networks or other bodies. We do collaborate with other European organisations on an ad hoc basis and are an observer of the EU Observatory on Infringements of IP rights.
01/2014 - 12/2014
300,000 € - 399,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.