Bundesvereinigung Kulturelle Kinder- und Jugendbildung e.V.
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Mr Tom Braun
Mr Rolf Witte
International Relations Officer
Fifty-seven regional organisations and national associations active in cultural education for children and youth in Germany have joined forces under the umbrella of the non-governmental organisation Bundesvereinigung Kulturelle Kinder- und Jugendbildung (BKJ), to work towards a common goal: the promotion and advancement of in-school and out-of-school arts education and cultural learning for children and youth.
Their specialised knowledge and experience in the cultural education sector enable them to make an important contribution to successful representation of youth, education and culture policy interests and to a diversification of cultural education for children and young people on both national and international levels.
Each year more than ten million young people participate in the seminars, projects, competitions and events organised by the 56 BKJ member organisations. These activities cover all areas of culture such as visual art, music, drama, theatre, circus, dance, literature, photography, film, video and multimedia.
The main tasks of the German Federation for Arts Education and Cultural Learning are:
- representation of youth, education and culture policy interests on national, European and international level;
- participation in international networks and extending European and international exchanges;
- exchange of information and ideas relating to all issues relating to arts and cultural education;
- organisation of conferences;
- publication of educational materials, case studies, concepts and best practice;
- development of pilot projects;
- mobility programs for experts in the field of cultural learning and international cultural youth exchange programs with European and other partner countries all over the world;
- conceptual development of arts education and cultural learning to promote the aims of cultural diversity and sustainable development.
BKJ is the government’s key partner in the field of arts education and cultural learning in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Actually the focus points of BKJ’s activities are:
- The Voluntary Social Year of Culture
- The Cultural Competency Record
- The cooperation of schools with cultural institutions
- The development of local networks for education
- International cultural exchange programs
BKJ is a member of the European network Culture Action Europe
2014 - 2015: project "New Alliances for Europe - improving the quality and outreach of arts and cultural education in Europe". Read the final report here: https://www.bkj.de/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/jugend.kultur.austausch_BKJ/Internet_Downloads/Creative_Alliances_for_Europe_Final_Report_2015_12.pdf
2013 - 2015: EU Expert Group on Quality in Youth Work
|No accredited persons|
Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Kinder- und Jugendhilfe
IJAB-Fachstelle für Internationale Jugendarbeit
ifa-Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
National Coalition zur Umsetzung der UN-Kinderrechtskonvention
01/2015 - 12/2015
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
We are part of the German initiative "Transparente Zivilgesellschaft"