The Diplomatic Economist Ltd.
Private limited company by shares
I - Professional consultancies/law firms/self-employed consultants
Rüngsdorfer Str. 13
Mr Stefan-Sorin MUREȘAN
Mr Stefan-Sorin MUREȘAN
Scientific Director EU Affairs
We work for overcoming the long-lasting effects of the division of Europe in East and West which more or less occurred with the defeat of united European armies at Mohács in 1526. After then and the EU enlargements of 2007 and 2008 when the main "South-Eastern" countries became EU member states, the two parts of the continent had diverging evolutions.
Based on the company motto “EX ORIENTE LUX. EX OCCIDENTE LEX”, we support both Western European (esp. German) as well as South-Eastern European (esp. Romanian) companies, academic institutions and NGOs by offering political contacts for defending their legislative interests. We consult strategically and interdisciplinarily, so that they can develop long-term partnerships across borders.
Individual areas of action comprise:
1. Creating concepts of political cooperation between parties from Eastern and Western Europe on specific issues: economic and financial policy; foreign policy.
2. Intermediation of contacts between members of political parties, national parliamentarians from Romania and Germany, the EU Parliament, representatives of NGOs, research institutes.
3. Lobbying on European legislation, esp. with regard to the production and trading with organic raw materials (grains, etc.) with the Commission and the Parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg.
4. Lobbying on European legislation with selected members of the European Parliament and European Commission regarding the "Social Market Economy" model of economic and social organisation and the model of the "Dual Vocational Education and Training" system.
5. Lobbying on European legislation with selected members of Parliament regarding EU policy towards Israel, the related Middle East and related Christian Churches associations and interest groups.
1. EU Funding in Israel in the budget period 2014-2020 on behalf of ECI asbl Brussels
2. Reform of the Regulation on organic agriculture 2014 on behalf of BIO ROMANIA (IFOAM member)
3. Foreign policy and economic policy current topics and intiatives on behalf of PNTCD, Romania (EPP member)
4. Energy Union progress
June 24, 2015: presentation of my book "Social Market Economy. The Case of Germany" published with Springer Science, in the European Parliament at the invitation of two MEPs, of the Deutsch-Rumänische Akademie Mainz, the European Centre for International Political Economy Brussels, University of Jena and Academia Romana.
Examples: Development of a cooperation via publications between the Austrian parliamentary group and the Romanian parliamentary group within the Parliamentary Group of the European People´s Party, via the joint presentation in the European Parliament on June 10, 2010 of the book “Parliamentary Discourse of a Romanian from Transylvania in Vienna. George Barițiu, Member of Parliament in the Austrian Monarchy”.
A radio interview in Romanian with the National Romanian Broadcasting on the event can be heard here:
Dr. Stefan-Sorin Mureșan, Romanian and German national, holds a PhD in Economics, an MA in Diplomatic Studies from London and an MSc in Engineering. He is a former diplomat of Romania working on economic diplomacy and Romanian / German relations, a former parliamentary high-level adviser on international political relations and an expert on privatization in Romania (1994-2001 and 2007-2008). Dr. Mureșan is author of 7 books on national economic policies, international economics and ethics, foreign policy, parliamentary history.
With the grant from the European Social Fund and the Land of North Rhine Westphalia he set up this company in 2002.
Dr. Muresan is also an expert project evaluator for the German National Agency at the German Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training Bonn and CEDEFOP.
Dr. Caspar Jürgens, German national is a lawyer and an expert in energy security and energy policy union issues.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Our company is:
Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Bonn, Germany, Member
Our company director is:
Romanian Association for the Club of Rome (ARCoR), Bucharest, www.clubofrome.ro, Member
University of Applied Science Würzburg, Germany, http://fwiwi.fhws.de, Associate Lecturer for Economic Diplomacy - in English
European Centre for Political Economy, Brussels - Observer, www.ecipe.org
Internationaler Club La Redoute e.V., Bonn, Germany - Member, http://www.intclub-redoute-bonn.de/
Deutsch-Rumänische Akademie, Mainz, Germany - Vicepresident. www.deutsch-rumaenische-akademie.de
Fundația Europeană Titulescu, București, România - Corresponding, www.titulescu.eu, Observer
Diplomaten International, Cologne, INGO Member of the Board, www.diplomaten.eu
Recipient of the "Eudoxiu Hurmuzachi" Scientific Award for History in 2010 by the Romanian Academy of Science, www.acad.ro
01/2013 - 12/2013
< 9,999 €
< 99,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.