Aktiengesellschaft / public limited company
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Am Hof, 6 A
Rond Point Schuman 9
(+32) 2 2868590
Mr Wolfgang Anzengruber
Chairman of the Managing Board
Ms Walburga Hemetsberger
Head of EU Representation Office
VERBUND is Austria's leading electricity company and one of the largest producers of electricity from hydropower in Europe. In 2014, VERBUND achieved an annual turnover of 2.834 billion Euro with 3,245 employees. VERBUND covers all sectors of energy supply – from the production and transportation of electricity through international sales and marketing.
More than four fifths of the electricity generation originates from climate friendly hydropower. VERBUND’s hydropower plants in Austria and Bavaria have a capacity of 7,700 megawatt (MW). The production portfolio is supplemented by wind power and thermal power plants.
VERBUND, through its subsidiary Austrian Power Grid (APG), operates Austria's supra-regional high-voltage grid which extends over a distance of 3,500 km (route kilometres). This grid forms the backbone of Austria's electricity supply, enabling the supra-regional, domestic and international exchange of energy between producers and consumers and serves to ensure the stable provision of energy to the underlying distribution grids.
VERBUND is also an active trader on the major European electricity markets. Electricity trading within the group forms the interface between generation, distribution and the wholesale market and can be seen as a central hub. Alongside the core business of electricity, VERBUND is also active in the field of environmental products with CO2 certificates and green certificates.
In terms of sales VERBUND is operating in the Austrian end-customer segment since July 2005. Currently, VERBUND supplies 100 % clean hydroelectricity to approximately 322,000 private customers. In addition, VERBUND supplies Austrian and German companies with electricity.
Germany is the second most important market next to Austria: since April 2013, VERBUND has been in possession of 22 hydropower plants with an annual generation of around 4 TWh in Germany. In 2012 VERBUND also acquired five wind farms in Germany with a total of 86 MW.
- Communication on an Energy Efficiency Strategy
- Commission proposal for the establishment of a market stability reserve under the EU ETS
- 2030 Energy and Climate Framework
- Review of the Community Guidelines on State aid for environmental protection
- Communication analysing the composition and drivers of energy prices and costs in the Member States
- Commission Regulation amending Regulation (EU) No 1031/2010 in particular to determine the volumes of greenhouse gas emission allowances to be auctioned in 2013-2020 (Backloading Regulation)
- Work programme for the annual/multiannual calls organised under the Connecting Europe Facility
- In-depth study on Security of Supply and Comprehensive plan for reduction of energy dependence
- Commission report on the state of implementation of the internal energy market
- Energy Retail Market Review
- Implementing rules on date reporting - complementing Regulation 1227/2011 (REMIT)
- Network Codes
- Financial Transaction Tax
- VERBUND yearly reception
- Partner of “Friends of the ETS”
- Participation in the “Roundtable of Energy Industrialists”
- Presentation of VERBUND activities in Brussels (together with other Austrian companies) in the EU Parliament
VERBUND is following the work of some expert groups (eg. Electricity Coordination Group, Smart Grids Task Force ) and the work of the intergroup water in the European Parliament without active involvement.
100%: 1 25%: 3
In conformity with the principle of unbundling in the electricity sector according to Directive 2009/72/EC concerning common rules for the internal market in electricity, lobbying activities for Austrian Power Grid AG (the transmission system operator within VERBUND group) are not undertaken by VERBUND AG and are therefore not included in the information provided.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
- Oesterreichs Energie - Österreichs E-Wirtschaft
- EURELECTRIC (via Oesterreichs Energie)
- WKO - Wirtschaftskammer Österreich
- IV - Industriellenvereinigung Österreich
- BdEW - Bundesverband der Energie- und Wasserwirtschaft
- Verband der Bayerischen Energie- und Wasserwirtschaft e.V. (VBEW)
- EFET - European Federation of Energy Traders
- VGB Power Tech
01/2014 - 12/2014
300,000 € - 399,999 €
EU Commission - TEN-T / TEGC (Central European Green Corridors) and TEN-T/GETI-EV (Greening European Transportation Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles)
The amount of funding received does not include potential funding received by Austrian Power Grid AG for the reasons stated above.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.