TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Avenue du Bourget, 60
(+32) 2 745 20 11
Mr Johan Van Zyl
President and CEO
Mr Jacques Pieraerts
Vice-President Communication, External and Environmental Affairs
The company has as purpose, in any country in Europe and in other countries specifically assigned by a shareholder of the company as belonging to the operating territory of the company (the “Territory”) and in relation to automotive and other related activities,
- to manufacture, assemble, purchase and/or sell motor vehicles, industrial vehicles as well as parts, components, accessories, tools and any other products related to motor vehicles and industrial vehicles;
- the import, export, distribution, sale, purchase, lease and after sales service of motor vehicles and industrial vehicles; as well as the import, export, distribution, sale, purchase, procure lease and after sales service of parts, components, materials, machines, accessories, tools dies and equipment and any other products for motor vehicles and industrial vehicles and/or any components thereof;
- the development, research, evaluation and design of motor vehicles and industrial vehicles as well as the development, research, evaluation and design of parts, accessories, tools and any other products for motor vehicles and industrial vehicles.
- to hold controlling or other interest, of any kind, by way of capital, contribution in kind, merger, subscription, participation, financial intervention or otherwise, in any company or enterprise, existing or which may be created;
- to supervise and participate in the management and administration of any subsidiary and affiliated companies;
- to coordinate and provide support, services and advice to subsidiary, affiliated and associated companies in the fields of design, research and development, production, sales and marketing, finance, administration, communication, legal compliance, internal and external communication, human resources and in any other relevant area;
- to coordinate, organize and maintain proper interaction with governmental bodies, institutions and industry organizations both at national and at European level in the Territory;
- to take up loans, to grant loans to any subsidiary, affiliated and/or associated companies and to guarantee loans made by third parties to any subsidiary, affiliated and associated companies;
In general, the company may carry out all commercial, industrial and financial activities as well as all real and personal property operations, directly or indirectly connected with its corporate purpose including, but not limited to, acquiring, holding and using of industrial property rights, under any form whatsoever, as well as granting of licenses of these industrial property rights. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the company may conduct any business related to the corporate purpose.
The corporate purpose may be extended or restricted by modification of the Articles of Incorporation in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
Within Toyota Motor Europe’s External Affairs functions, the European & Government Affairs division has responsibility for initiating and carrying out activities with the objective of influencing the policy forming and decision-making processes of the European institutions, on subject matters relevant to the automotive industry.
Either directly or through trade associations, TME is involved in the following policy and legislative dossiers:
• Technical Regulation and Internal Market: type-approval, polluting emissions, vehicle safety and noise regulations
• Climate Change: CO2 emissions from cars and light commercial vehicles, eco-innovation
• Energy policy: fuel quality, renewable energy, energy taxation
• Transport policy: White Paper, Road Safety Action Plan
Environment: end-of-life vehicles, Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe
• Trade: free trade agreement with South Korea, United States, negotiations with India, Ukraine, Canada, Mercosur, etc.
• Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) & Connectivity
• Block exemption regulation
• Euopean Research & Innovation policy
The current list is subject to change as circumstances affecting the automotive business evolve.
Motor Vehicles Working Group
Motor Vehicles Emissions Group
This number corresponds to the headcount of TME's European & Government Affairs division and TME's Vice President for External Affairs.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
TME belongs to or supports the following membership and other organisations acting in the field of EU public affairs:
ACEA (European Automobile Manufacturers' Association)
ASFE (Alliance for Synthetic Fuels in Europe)
BJA (Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce)
BUSINESSEUROPE (Confederation of European Business)
CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies)
ETSC (European Transport Safety Council)
RECHARGE (The International Association for Advanced Rechargeable Batteries)
Friends of Europe
SEAP (Society of European Affairs Professionals)
TME also belongs or supports other organisations not active at EU level.
03/2014 - 02/2015
400,000 € - 499,999 €
EU R&D Framework Programme 7
The declared amount is part of the overall cost of TME European & Government Affairs division for the financial year 2014. It corresponds to the time spent on direct and indirect lobbying activities towards the EU institutions, as defined by the European Commission.
It also includes the cost of lobbying activities carried out by TME External Affairs executives, as well as support provided by technical divisions on specific issues.
To comply with the new guidelines for disclosure published in January 2015, the declared amount includes a fraction of the membership fees to trade associations (e.g. ACEA) that is dedicated to activities falling under the scope of the Register.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
All members of the European & Government Affairs division have subscribed to the SEAP Code of Conduct.