Limited company registered in England
IV - Think tanks, research and academic institutions
Think tanks and research institutions
Hillside Road, 73
Ashtead KT21 1SD
36 boulevard Bischoffsheim
Mr Graham Taylor
Mr Maël Brunet
OpenForum Europe (OFE) is a not-for-profit industry organization which was originally launched in 2002 to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software (OSS) among businesses, consumers and governments. OFE's role has since evolved and its primary role now is to promote the use of open standards in ICT as a means of achieving full openness and interoperability of computer systems throughout Europe. It continues to promote open source software, as well as openness more generally as part of a vision to facilitate open, competitive choice for IT users.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the main topics followed by OFE in 2014 :
- European Cloud Computing Strategy ;
- European Multi Stakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation ;
- 'Connected Continent' Telecom Market Package ;
- Review of the EU copyright rules ;
- Review of Europe’s Standardisation System ;
- Digital Agenda Action 23: Provide guidance on ICT standardisation and public procurement ;
- Revision of public procurement directive 2004/17/EC.
European Multi Stakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation
To raise awareness of Governments, Public Sector, Businesses, Consumers, and other Official Bodies of the European benefits of open standards and open source.
100%: 2 25%: 4
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
04/2013 - 03/2014
100,000 € - 199,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.