Opel Automobile GmbH
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
(+49)61 42 770
Opel Rue d'Idalie 11-13
(+32)02 773 69 54
Mr Michael Lohscheller
Speaker of the Management Board and CEO
Mr Jean Wibaut
Director EU Affairs
Opel was founded by Adam Opel in Rüsselsheim, Germany in 1862 and is one of Europe’s largest automakers. Opel and its British sister brand Vauxhall sell over one million vehicles annually.
Opel is part of General Motors and is headquartered in Rüsselsheim. The company operates ten plants and three development and test centers in seven European countries. Opel/Vauxhall employs around 35,600 people in Europe, with more than 18,250 in Germany. Opel and Vauxhall are present in over 50 countries.
- Light Duty Vehicle CO2 Emissions Reduction
- Adaptations to Euro 6 emissions standards
- Revision of European Vehicle Type Approval
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS, C-ITS)
- Light Duty Vehicle General Safety Regulation
- Trade bilateral and multilateral negotiations / Brexit
- Industrial Policy and COM GEARS2030 initiative
75%: 1 50%: 1 25%: 1
Activities covered by the Register are mostly performed by the Brussels based EU Affairs Office on behalf of the Opel Group and its European affiliate companies, as well as its parent company General Motors Company.
The EU Affairs office has currently a staff of 2 individuals.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
* European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA)
* American Chamber of Commerce EU (AmCham EU)
* British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (BritCham)
* Verband der Automobilindustrie (VDA)
* BusinessEurope A&SG Group
01/2016 - 12/2016
600,000 € - 699,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
The estimate of costs is based on the cost of the Brussels EU Affairs Office rebilled in 2016 to the European HQ of Opel. It includes staff cost related to the Brussels office, office rent and all other operational expenditures. This estimate includes "pro rata" membership fees as per guidelines.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
Winning with Integrity, GM's Code of Conduct, applies to all staffs of the Opel Group.