Friends of the Earth Hungary (Magyar Termeszetvedok Szovetsege)
NSC-FoE Hu (MTVSZ)
Association, non-profit organization (NGO)
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Ulloi ut, 91/B.
Mr István Farkas
Mr István Farkas
The National Society of Conservationists-Friends of the Earth Hungary (NSC-FoE HUngary) was founded in 1989. Its overall objective is to protect nature as a whole and to promote the implementation of sustainable development, integrating it into environmental issues. Being an umbrella organisation, currently it has 118 member associations across Hungary with almost 35,000 members. Supporting and co-ordinating member-organisations, the Head Office, with its 11 staff, involves them in an increasing number of projects, campaigns and in thematic working groups (WG), organises relevant workshops and trainings.
NSC-FoE Hu's central programs in general are aimed at environmental awareness-raising of the society and promoting the reinforcement of sustainability aspects in various social and economic processes and, for this sake, to promote public participation in them. NSC-FoE Hu takes an active part in national and EU environmental policy making. Its colleagues, Board members participate in several governmental Committees p.eg. National Environmental Council, National Regional Development Council. NSC-FoE Hu participate in the work of several international NGO networks: Friends of the Earth, EEB, ANPED, IUCN, Bankwatch and CEEWEB.
- CAP, GMO-related and other food security and biofuels legislation
- Natura2000 and other nature protection policies
- EU climate and energy policies (2030 targets, EED, EU-ETS, Energy Union etc.)
- EU Funds and regional policies
- TTIP and other inernational agreements, Espoo Convention and Aarhus A.
- general EU environmental policy issues, development education programs
- Community energy campaign project
- CAP policy program
- DEAR project - tax justice, extractive industries, SD agenda
- biodiversity program
- Road to Paris COP program
- climate and energy policy, unconventional fossil fuels
- regional policy, development, EU budget and Funds, public participation, transparency
- food security, environmentally friendly agriculture, rural development
- nature conservation including biodiversity and Natura 2000
- general EU environmental policy issues, development education
50%: 4 25%: 1
|No accredited persons|
Eötvös K Isk(20),
Herman Ottó TE(200),
Other 86 member groups (small)(2000)
NSC-FoE Hu is a member of several international NGO networks: Friends of the Earth, EEB, ANPED, IUCN, Bankwatch and CEEWEB.
01/2013 - 12/2013
< 9,999 €
DG Dev., DG Agri, Dg Env., EU Funds
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.