Imperial Tobacco Group
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Bristol BS3 2LL
Avenue de Cortenbergh 89
Ms Alison Cooper
Chief Executive Officer
Mr Alessandro Tschirkov
Head of EU Brussels Office
Imperial Tobacco was founded in 1901 in Bristol (UK) and has been since then successfully expanding through mergers & acquisitions; the latest ones being Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken in 2002 and Altadis in 2008. Imperial’s strategy builds on investing in growth brands and growth markets.
Our company is the 2nd biggest tobacco company in Europe and the World leader in fine cut tobacco, cigars and roll-your-own papers with 44 factories worldwide and 35 000 employees.
Imperial’s portfolio includes: Davidoff, Fortuna, Gauloises, Gitanes, Lambert & Butler, West, Ducados, Drum, Golden Virginia, Montecristo, Cohiba and Rizla.
• The implementation of Directive 2014/40/EU on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States concerning the manufacture , presentation, and sale of tobacco and related products.
• Review of Directive 2011/64/EC, on the structure and rates of excise duty applied to manufactured tobacco.
• Review of Council Directive 2008/118/EC concerning the general arrangements for excise duty and repealing Directive 92/12/EEC
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Tobacco related regulation
• Lobbying Transparency
• Anti-Illicit Trade
• Intellectual Property
• Taxation & customs
• Movement of excisable goods
• Public health
• Secondary legislation (implementing & delegated acts)
• Scientific developments and Better Regulation [science based policy making]
100%: 3 75%: 2
We recruit 2 trainees on a 6-months basis under a 'contrat d'immersion de stage'.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Confederation of EC Cigarette Manufacturers (CECCM)
European Smoking Tobacco Association (ESTA)
European Cigar Manufacturers Association (ECMA)
European Smokeless Tobacco Council (ESTOC)
European Rolling Papers Association (ERPA)
Tobacco Industry Platform (TIP)
British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium (Britcham)
European Travel Retail Council (ETRC)
Asia Pacific Travel Retail Association (APTRA)
The Kangaroo Group
Public Affairs Council
10/2013 - 09/2014
400,000 € - 499,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
This estimate is calculated according to salary costs of ITG Brussels Office staff involved in interest representation, based on the proportion of employee time devoted to these activities. In addition, it includes an estimate of the costs related to interest representation towards the European Institutions by non-Brussels-based employees, also in proportion to their activities. According to the Transparency Register Compliance Guidelines on financial information, this estimate includes fees paid for outsourced activities (i.e. consultancy contract fees). The estimate excludes membership fees to the various trade associations, as those organisations have registered themselves. The list is included in the 'Membership and affiliation' section.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code:
Imperial Tobacco Group Code of Conduct for employees and the Society for European Affairs Professionals Code of Conduct