Association (division of)
IV - Think tanks, research and academic institutions
Think tanks and research institutions
Boulevard du Souverain, 165
(+32) 2 566 9160
Mr John Cooper
Mr Robin Nelson
Concawe was established in 1963 by a small group of leading oil companies to carry out research on environmental issues relevant to the oil industry. Its membership has broadened to include most oil companies operating in Europe. The scope of Concawe’s activities has gradually expanded in line with the development of societal concerns over environmental, health and safety issues. These now cover areas such as fuels quality and emissions, air quality, water quality, soil contamination, waste, occupational health and safety, petroleum product stewardship and cross-country pipeline performance.
Concawe's mission is:
To conduct research to provide impartial scientific information in order to:
• Improve scientific understanding of the environmental, health, safety and economic performance aspects of both petroleum refining and the distribution and sustainable use of refined products.
• Assist the development of technically feasible and cost effective policies and legislation by EU institutions and Member States.
• Allow informed decision making and cost effective legislative compliance by Association members.
Various REACH related groups, at ECHA & the Commission (e.g. REACH Directors' Contact Group). Various BREF / IED Technical Working Groups, including European IPPC Bureau.
E-PRTR Committee, Various Water Framework Directive Expert Groups. JEC (with the JRC) Well2Wheels studies & biofuels programme, Expert Group on the Future of Transport Fuels.
Scientific & technical articles, reports and publications.
A bi-annual scientific Symposium
JEC Consortium, Water Framework Directive Expert Groups, Expert Group on the Future of Transport Fuels
100%: 10 75%: 3 50%: 6 25%: 1
Concawe carries out and publishes technical studies related to the oil refining & distribution sectors and makes the results freely available to all who are interested, including institutions of the European Union. Therefore, our entire executive staff can be considered as engaged in activities falling under the scope of the Register.
|No accredited persons|
- Alma Petroli: http://www.almapetroli.com/en/
- ATPC: http://www.vtti.com/terminals/atpc-belgium
- Gruppo Api: http://www.gruppoapi.com/
- BP: http://www.bp.com/
- CEPSA: http://www.cepsa.com/
- ENI: http://www.eni.com/en_IT/home.html
- Essar: http://www.essar.com/
- ExxonMobil: http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/
- Galp Energia: http://www.galpenergia.com/
- GUNVOR: http://gunvorgroup.com/en/
- H&R: http://hur.com/de/
- Hellenic Petroleum: http://www.helpe.gr/error.htm
- INEOS: http://www.ineos.com/
- IPLOM: http://iplom.it/index.php?c=HOME&ly=3
- KOCH: http://www.kochind.com/
- Q8: http://www.q8.com/Pages/q8-home.aspx
- LUKOIL: http://www.lukoil.com/
- Lyondellbasell: http://www.lyondellbasell.com/Home/index.htm
- MOLGROUP: http://molgroup.info/en/
- Motor Oil Hellas: http://www.moh.gr/Home.aspx?a_id=10515
- Murco: http://www.murco.co.uk/
- Neste Oil: http://www.nesteoil.com/
- NYNAS: http://www.nynas.com/
- OMV: http://www.omv.com/portal/01/com
- Phillips 66: http://www.phillips66.com/
- PKN ORLEN: http://www.orlen.pl/EN/Pages/default.aspx
- Preem: http://www.preem.se
- Raffinerie Heide: http://www.klesch.com/fr/oil-refining/raffinerie-heide
- REPSOL: http://www.repsol.com/es_es/
- ROMPETROL: http://www.rompetrol.com/
- SARA: http://www.sara-blog.fr/
- SARAS: http://www.saras.it/saras/pages/home
- Shell: http://www.shell.com/
- SRD: http://www.srd-dunkerque.fr/
- St1: http://www.st1.eu/
- Statoil: http://www.statoil.com/en/Pages/default.aspx
- TAMOIL: http://www.tamoil.com/Tamoil+World/
- TOTAL: http://www.total.com/fr
- TotalERG: https://www.totalerg.it/
- VALERO: http://www.valero.com/default.aspx
- VARO Energy: http://varoenergy.com/
JEC Consortium; IPIECA; MIT; HEI; UN-ECE; CEN; ECETOC; ERTRAC; SAFIER; CEC; NICOLE; UKOPO; OSPAR; WHO;
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.