Pan-European Insurance Forum
no formal organization
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Avenue des Arts 27
legal responsibility shared by all CEOs
Chief Executive Officers
Mr Burkhard Ober
Head of Brussels Representative Office
PEIF’s mission is to:
- monitor issues of strategic interest to major, multinational European insurers and reinsurers;
- represent the interests of insurers and reinsurers by explaining to all concerned stakeholders how insurance and reinsurance industries operate and how existing and potential regulation does or may affect them;
- raise awareness of insurers' roles in providing insurance protection and security to Europe’s citizens, at all stages throughout their lives, contributing to its economic growth and development as well as in contributing to the effective operation of Europe’s systems of social protection;
- support EU policy- and law-makers to produce good and relevant legislation by making available relevant technical information and providing input;
- contribute to the development of innovative, new policy initiatives by engaging with dialogue with other stakeholders; and
- promote a competitive, open and integrated internal market to the ultimate benefit of European citizens.
• Consumer affairs
• Economic affairs
• Employment and social affairs
• Equal opportunities
• External trade
• General and institutional affairs
• Internal market
• Justice and home affairs
PEIF has no separate legal existence, has no independent budget, fees or staff.
|No accredited persons|
PEIF is open to dialogue with all stakeholders with an interest in European affairs related to insurance and reinsurance. In particular, it cooperates with Insurance Europe, CFO and CRO Forums.
11/2013 - 11/2014
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
PEIF has no separate legal existence. It has no budget or fees. The participating companies identified above bear their own costs as part of their individual budgets for interest representation.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.