SPECTARIS Deutscher Industrieverband für optische, medizinische und mechatronische Technologien e.V.
eingetragener Verein (registered association)
II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Trade and business associations
Werderscher Markt, 15
Mr Tobias Weiler
Chief Executive Officer
Ms Nadine Benad
Head of Regulatory Affairs
SPECTARIS represents the interests of small and medium-sized enterprises in the following industries: consumer optics, photonics and precision technologies, medical technology, analytical, bio- and laboratory technologies.
Our aim is to support our members in the area of external trade, statistics and research, industry marketing and regulatory affairs.
Concerning regulatory affairs, we mainly focus on the medical devices directive, product safety and environmental legislation.
We provide information to our members concerning new regulations, organise seminars and workshops on their implementation and engage with policymakers to make sure the interests of our industries are taken into account.
Medical Device Regulation
REACH and RoHS
- Coordinated action with other companies and research institutes to make sure the CLP-Classification of gallium arsenide is scientifically correct (contacts with MEPs and the Commission, still ongoing)
- Contact with the Commission on the RoHS exemption for lead in optical glass as well as on the new RoHS directive in general
- Communication with European associations drafting a position paper on the new WEEE directive
- Contact with the Commission and MEPs on the new medical devices regulation
|No accredited persons|
SPECTARIS is member of COCIR and EUCOMED.
Apart from that, we cooperate in the EUROM network, an informal organisation grouping member organisations from different EU countries.
EUROM is organised according to the different industry sectors involved:
- EUROM I Optical Industries
- EUROM II Optics, Laser & Laboratory Technology
- EUROM VI Medical Technology
07/2014 - 06/2015
< 9,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.