I - Professional consultancies/law firms/self-employed consultants
rue Archimede, 5 b12
Mr Gerard McNamara
Founder & CEO
Ms Ruth Estrada
Schuman Associates is a Brussels-based, independent, consultancy with more than 25 years’ experience in European funding and public affairs and with a network of offices in Milan, Madrid, Sofia, Bucharest, Athens, Dublin, and partners in the USA, Schuman Associates is the leading EU Business Development Consultancy in Brussels. Our independence and size allows us to be flexible and to tailor our services and costs to meet clients’ specific requirements, thus avoiding the ‘one size fits all’ approach often adopted by larger global consultancies and law firms. Currently, our team of around 20 permanent consultants works for more than 25 clients in many sectors ranging from ICT, Energy, Metals, Financial Services, Health, Development, Education and Employment.
Our reputation is built on success. A major element of this is listening to the organisations that we work with, understanding their real needs. Based on these needs we develop tailored programmes. The objective is always to provide real added value for our clients that will impact on their business development efforts.
Our client services fall broadly into two categories (although the two inevitably overlap) funding as well as policy, therefore capturing the complete life cycle of an opportunity. Schuman Associates is specialised in supporting clients, leveraging market opportunities created by EU Funding Programmes and understanding and influencing the policy and regulatory framework driving these opportunities. We support a broad range of clients ranging from governments and large global firms to SMEs and NGOs and we are working in all major sectors including IT and security, energy and environment, trade and development, financial services, telecommunications, education and health.
Schuman Associates is committed to the highest professional standards, integrity is key to our service to clients and in our relations with the European Institutions. We are dedicated to delivering beyond expectations and to giving a return on investment.
* Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering and terrorist financing
* REGULATION (EC) No 1907/2006 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
* Youth Employment Initiative
* Energy Union Package (COM(2015) 80 final)
* Smart Borders Package
* Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a framework for the Community action in the field of water policy (Water Framework Directive)
* Cybersecurity Strategy of the European Union – An Open, Safe and Secure Cyberspace
* European Cloud Computing Strategy
Schuman Associates organises - on its own behalf as well as on behalf of its clients - high-level events in Brussels with the presence of a wide range of stakeholders.
75%: 8 50%: 3
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
Members of the Society of European Affairs Professionals (SEAP)
01/2015 - 12/2015
500,000 € - 599,999 €
500,000 € - 999,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.
The organisation has also declared to be bound to the following other Code: