GenderCC-Women for Climate Justice e.V.
Non-proft charitable association under German Law
III - Non-governmental organisations
Non-governmental organisations, platforms and networks and similar
Anklamer Str., 38
Ms Gotelind Alber
Ms Gotelind Alber
GenderCC-Women for Climate Justice is the global network of women and gender activists and experts from all world regions working for gender and climate justice.
On order to integrate the gender dimension in climate change policy at local, national and international levels, GenderCC is:
* Raising awareness and building capacity relating to gender and climate issues among decision-makers and among women and men on the ground;
* Increasing the global knowledge base on gender and climate issues through research, action learning and frequent knowledge exchange to identify a growing host of options for most effective mitigation and adaptation
* Developing more effective climate protection and adaptation through empowering women and men to make maximum, active contributions to mitigation and adaptation measures, while denouncing the disproportionally negative impacts imposed on women by false solutions;
* Increasing the participation of women in the formal policy making process, including grassroots women;
* Bridging the gap between local action and decision making by bringing local experiences to the decision making levels through advocacy and lobbying;
* Strengthening the capacity of the GenderCC members to effectively participate in climate change negotiations through training, facilitating sharing of information and experiences;
* Enhancing collaboration and cooperation on gender and climate issues at local, national, regional and international levels.
Climate policy, energy policy, transport policy
Global Learning Platform on gender in adaptation and low carbon development comm.gendercc.net
Publications and pilot projects on gender and urban climate policy
|No accredited persons|
01/2013 - 12/2013
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.