II - In-house lobbyists and trade/business/professional associations
Companies & groups
Dunkeld Road, 200 Inveralmond House
Perth PH1 3AQ
(+44)01738 456 000
Mr Alistair Phillips-Davies
Mr Alistair McGirr
European Affairs Manager
SSE is a UK listed energy company, operating in the energy markets across the UK and Ireland. SSE has interests in the transmission, distribution, generation, storage and supply of electricity as well as the production, distribution, storage and supply of gas.
SSE has a wide interest in European legislation that impacts a privately listed energy company, including areas covering the single energy market (eg the Third Energy Package); Climate and energy goals (eg the EU ETS); the Environment (eg Industrial Emissions Directive); Financial (eg MiFID II); Consumers (eg the Consumer Rights Directive); Plus other single market legislation: Covering areas including employment, services, taxation and corporate governance.
1. Prepare SSE for upcoming EU policies
2. Inform EU stakeholders on key SSE issues
3. Assist ccess EU funding opportunities
There is one full time member of staff based in Brussels looking solely at European issues. Although, at any given time this may change with policy, regulation, legal and compliance teams feeding in to, interpreting or implementing EU policy. However they would also be looking at issues at a local, regional and national level.
|First name||Surname||Start Date||End Date|
- Energy UK (member of Eurelectric)
- Energy Networks Association (member of Eurelectric)
- Electricity Association of Ireland (member of Eurelectric)
- Carbon Capture and Storage Association
- Renewable UK (member of EWEA)
- Irish Wind Energy Association (member of EWEA)
- IBEC (member of Business Europe)
- European Federation of Energy Traders
- Ocean Energy Europe
- Scotland Europa
04/2013 - 03/2014
50,000 € - 99,999 €
No funding received from the EU institutions during the last closed financial year.
By its registration the organisation has signed the Transparency Register Code of Conduct.