RTD - DG Research and Innovation
The mandate and the mission of the " Expert Group on Innovation for Growth" is related to the policy implementation of the Innovation Union. The experts shall provide the best possible advice on research and innovation policy implementation to the Commission.
I4G assesses the socio-economic impact and the potential of research and innovation actions to deliver welfare to European citizens, and review best research and innovation cases and practices and forward suggestions for R&I policies. The group works in close interaction with the Commission services and takes into account the evolving discussions at political level.
Provides expertise to the Commission when preparing implementing measures, i.e. before the Commission submits these draft measures to a comitology committee
• Provides independent economic advice on research and innovation (R&I) policy to the Commission
• Assessment of socio-economic impact and of the potential of R&I
• Review of best R&I cases and practices
• Forwards suggestions for R&I policies
• Advice to the Commission on policies for research and innovation and how to turn them into economic growth, based on empirical evidence and analysis from the academic literature;
• Assessment of the impact and the innovation potential of actions in the context of the Innovation Union Flagship Initiatives;
• Explore new avenues for R&I policies;
• Recommendations on how to make the Innovation Union work at European, national and regional level within a global context;
• Support to the Commissioner on communication and dialogue on research and innovation policies with stakeholders at European, national and regional level.
• Consider the economic benefits of the European Research Area (ERA) and explore related issues.