CNECT - DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology
The Group’s tasks shall be:
• to advise the Commission on strategic eGovernment issues in the context of the eGovernment Action Plan, and give input and suggest necessary adjustments to priorities, objectives and actions on the basis of the mid-term evaluation of the eGovernment Action Plan implementation;
• to assist the Commission in defining common targets for Member States for relevant actions of the Action Plan;
• to offer a forum for strategic discussions and for the exchange of experiences, with all Commission services involved;
• to exchange views on issues arising from the national eGovernment strategies, in the areas covered by the eGovernment Action Plan, in relation to achieving its objectives.
• to provide a forum through which Member States inform the Commission on Action Plan implementation progress in their country.
Assist the Commission in relation to the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes and policies
Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views